Tour de France 2022

'Dale

14 minutes ago, edgarblount said:

Not only the college fund, the house, the cars, the dogs. Everything!

Hey, LM was virtual 4th for like 2 seconds last week.

No he was virtually second...on the podium(virtually on the podium)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/23/2022 at 6:15 PM, Frosty said:

Louis looks, and sounds, disappointed.
Week 1, and the breaks in the high mountains; the reason he feels that made today hard.

normally he would have had Nairo's number in a ITT, all the matches burnt getting there.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:52 PM, DJuice said:

Great ride by Louis!

8th place in this years tour trumps the previous 8 placings.

Hopefully this tour gives him the confidence to go for stage win in a grand tour or perhaps one of the classics, still think Lombardia.

Some pressure on admin to get us a lekker interview with Louis.

I suppose we can dissect this for another 12 months, but it is hard to compare the current peleton with the Froome - sky/ineos era that Louis got his other 8th places at. A lot of good(and sometimes young) riders have got podiums during this period and never kicked on. Now we had two guys aged 23 and 25 this year streets ahead of the rest, and Bernal won it at age 22 in 2019.

The old adage of a TdF GC contenders generally maturing through their 20s and challenging in their 30s has been blown away for good now.

Looking away from the data and numbers, I'm stoked to see how he has blossomed at IWG, back in 2016/17 he was not more than just a really good follower of wheels, grinding out a result by process of elimination. This year he has been attacking and making moves, a lot more exciting to see and to me a lot more promising for the future. 

2016 GC top10 - 6:58 behind (tied on time with rodriguez)

image.png.991ebaa54571679981755107f9a7f419.png

2017 GC top10 - 8:20 behind

image.png.1a544cda26749830c97f567da1bc7852.png

2022 - 18:20 behind, not forgetting how he was given GC rope by being a good 10 minutes by being so far behind in the first place

image.png.2439020d4df40cc2e5b3612f47808af7.png

12 hours ago, Jakkals. said:

Wout is from Belgium.

Yes he is and he answered that question like a proper Nederlander. Did you know that Flemish Belgium was once part of Holland and the Flemish town of Herentals is twinned with Ijsselstein in the Netherlands. Culturally the people from Zuid  Holland and The Flemish Region are very similar, hence he answered that question like a proper Nederlander

Edited by DieselnDust

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

normally he would have had Nairo's number in a ITT, all the matches burnt getting there.

I suppose we can dissect this for another 12 months, but it is hard to compare the current peleton with the Froome - sky/ineos era that Louis got his other 8th places at. A lot of good(and sometimes young) riders have got podiums during this period and never kicked on. Now we had two guys aged 23 and 25 this year streets ahead of the rest, and Bernal won it at age 22 in 2019.

The old adage of a TdF GC contenders generally maturing through their 20s and challenging in their 30s has been blown away for good now.

Looking away from the data and numbers, I'm stoked to see how he has blossomed at IWG, back in 2016/17 he was not more than just a really good follower of wheels, grinding out a result by process of elimination. This year he has been attacking and making moves, a lot more exciting to see and to me a lot more promising for the future. 

2016 GC top10 - 6:58 behind (tied on time with rodriguez)

image.png.991ebaa54571679981755107f9a7f419.png

2017 GC top10 - 8:20 behind

image.png.1a544cda26749830c97f567da1bc7852.png

2022 - 18:20 behind, not forgetting how he was given GC rope by being a good 10 minutes by being so far behind in the first place

image.png.2439020d4df40cc2e5b3612f47808af7.png

Look at the company he is in.  Such class.

Which makes the forgotten years even harder to swallow. 

I agree, it was excellent seeing him actually RACING.  And being excellent at it!!

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone please explain these "Grapes" categories shown in the TDF Femmes Stage 4 Profile?

987b3

14 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone please explain these "Grapes" categories shown in the TDF Femmes Stage 4 Profile?

987b3

4th stage (July 27): Troyes - Bar-sur-Aube

126 km . The French “strade bianche”. As they approach Bar-sur-Aube, the peloton will cross four sectors of white paths (12.9 km in total), often steep chalky paths that wind through the vines. "These areas will be much larger than those that the Men's Tour had recently offered on the Glières plateau or at the Planche des Belles Filles" , warns Marion Rousse.

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

image.png.31febfd95f517cacdfb4b10a99c887ba.png

Jonas was a substitute for Big Tom in 2021 to be a sherpa for Roglić. At the time, Dumoulin was struggling with the demands of the sport (that was the publicity at least). En kyk nou! That’s what I adore about sport - there’s a magic in there somewhere. 

41 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

OK, final one then I'm done :)

Lets pin this post and come back to it in the 2040s.
We all know the kid has the Genes for it...

he was already turning the pedals here.