_David_

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
30 minutes ago, thebob said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but would a UPS be able to run a Kickr. I'm specifically looking at the one in the link below. Maximum usage time would be for an hour doing an ERG mode workout. I would not connect fans or TVs or anything else:

FSP FP600 600VA/360W Line Interactive UPS - Black | Buy Online in South Africa | takealot.com

Yes it should be fine.  The smart trainers power consumption is relatively low.

I have a "Smaller" system 2.4kw Inverter with 2 x 105AH 12V batteries and comfortably runs my trainer with Fibre and and a FAN for the hour that I normally workout.

I have to add, I installed the Inverter system through my DB board, so for most of my house its business as usual, everything in my small house except for Geyser and Stove(oven) runs from my system.

Edited by Dexter-morgan

8 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I have a "Smaller" system 2.4kw Inverter with 2 x 105AH 12V batteries and comfortably runs my trainer with Fibre and and a FAN for the hour that I normally workout.

LOL, yours is not smaller, 2400W vs 360W and the battery in the UPS is probably far smaller than your 2x105Ah.  It should still be more than sufficient though.

Edit: I checked, only one 7Ah battery in the UPS.  Maybe you should get one with at least 2 x 7Ah or connect another 7Ah in parallel with the one in the UPS.  Those "gate motor" batteries go flat pretty quickly.

Edited by TheoG

8 minutes ago, TheoG said:

LOL, yours is not smaller, 2400W vs 360W and the battery in the UPS is probably far smaller than your 2x105Ah.  It should still be more than sufficient though.

Edit: I checked, only one 7Ah battery in the UPS.  Maybe you should get one with at least 2 x 7Ah or connect another 7Ah in parallel with the one in the UPS.  Those "gate motor" batteries go flat pretty quickly.

Some person quoted a 5KVA system, that is a proper system.!!

3 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Some person quoted a 5KVA system, that is a proper system.!!

Yes, for running most of your house, not just a trainer.  I have a 5kW inverter and 4 x 200 Ah batteries for the house.

Edited by TheoG

On 11/10/2021 at 10:27 AM, _David_ said:

Could try a rechargeable cordless fan or a 12v Camping fan but the decent ones are expensive.

@_David_  Any recommendations on were to get a decent 12V fan ?

Few changes happening to the UPS system .... trainer to be added to it.

Edited by ChrisF

19 hours ago, ChrisF said:

@_David_  Any recommendations on were to get a decent 12V fan ?

Few changes happening to the UPS system .... trainer to be added to it.

Maybe have a look at one of the Camping or Outdoor shops.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 10:12 AM, thebob said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but would a UPS be able to run a Kickr. I'm specifically looking at the one in the link below. Maximum usage time would be for an hour doing an ERG mode workout. I would not connect fans or TVs or anything else:

FSP FP600 600VA/360W Line Interactive UPS - Black | Buy Online in South Africa | takealot.com

Quoting myself here. Done a couple of sessions where the power went off and the UPS handled it with no issues. so far 45 minutes on ERG was the longest it had to go. Plenty of power left when the session was over

• 7 months later...

Hope you guys can  help...

Bought a gizzu 518wh power supply. Would this power my hammer h3?