Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

Eish, Maggie finished well yesterday. Still recovering, it seems, from his fractures. Normally, he has a strong 3rd week. Hope he can grab some points on the road to Verona.

What an impressive win by Yates. I would not have guessed a mountain goat, normally having an advantage on longer climbs, would outpunch the puncheurs.

Now, stage 3 for the guys with big thighs tomorrow over 201 kms. Cav' vs Ewan (desperate to score some points for the low-ranked Belgian outfit)Then rest day before the mythical Mt Etna on Toozday. Work-From-Home, hehehehe?. wmVaksMFDCyxta4tLWUJ_230422-080452.jpg?v

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna lie

Watching 35+ age groupers beating these youngsters really warms my heart. Cav winning (and Nino coming in at 2nd at the XCO) gives me false hope that I too wont get dropped by the young guns at my local trails.  

Edited by YaseenEnos

12 hours ago, babse said:

The control and finish from Cav and co was something to watch. Every other squad was in shambles 

Teamwork makes the dream work, baby yeahhh

12 hours ago, babse said:

The control and finish from Cav and co was something to watch. Every other squad was in shambles 

well, when compared to the absolute magnificence that is QS, that's a hard comparison. MVDP lost his guy early on and FDJ were the only other 'team' to be in the mix and they just didn't have the goods.

Today we need to keep our heads down and get those tasks closed off on the Project plan, because tomorrow, we ride Mt Etna. 1358m of climbing in the final 22.8km.😱

Nothing is impossible, but I think we might have a new leader in GC...

altimetria / profile  Tappa 4 Stage 4 Giro d'Italia 2022

Etna Tappa 4 Stage 4 Giro d'Italia 2022

How bad is the official Giro site.... 500 pop up ads every time you click anything and it loads in weird stages. 

Trying to view the GC list had me nearly throwing my laptop across the room 🤣

It's so Italian

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

How bad is the official Giro site.... 500 pop up ads every time you click anything and it loads in weird stages. 

It's so Italian

Italy, where it's more important to look good than look where you're going... anyone who's seen driving in Italy can testify.. perhaps that extends to websites too?

3 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Italy, where it's more important to look good than look where you're going... anyone who's seen driving in Italy can testify.. perhaps that extends to websites too?

Anything is ok as long as it's done with passion!

I did some work in Italy many ears ago. It was great.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

It's so Italian

Wow, having to press a button to get five more riders on the list each time gets tedious 🙃

Minimalist bliss: https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/giro-d-italia/overview

Etna + wind = BIG time gaps?

But, who wants to carry the responsibility of Pink for the rest of the Giro? Long way to go to Verona.

Maybe they'll let a strong breakaway go take the Win and the GC guys can cover each other up the final climb.

16 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Etna + wind = BIG time gaps?

But, who wants to carry the responsibility of Pink for the rest of the Giro? Long way to go to Verona.

Maybe they'll let a strong breakaway go take the Win and the GC guys can cover each other up the final climb.

we'll have a new pink jersey today, but who? would be a laugh if it was a breakaway win, with little GC interest in getting the jersey. Let's see the GC teams chase the jersey in a week or so. 

I can hear king Kelly now talking about the wind being a legbreaker... lekker!! cannot wait.

36 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

we'll have a new pink jersey today, but who? would be a laugh if it was a breakaway win, with little GC interest in getting the jersey. Let's see the GC teams chase the jersey in a week or so. 

I can hear king Kelly now talking about the wind being a legbreaker... lekker!! cannot wait.

Leonard Kamna with a classic fuga bidon, as the italians say. That's my prediction (or hope) for the day.

:(

KXpNMxaTmZuockTwarvH_100522-113007-scale
13:36:02
A moment we never wanted to comment on

This is the moment when Miguel Angel Lopez is forced to abandon the Giro d’Italia.
The Colombian rider had staked a lot on this Giro. Now also the internal dynamics of Astana Qazaqstan Team will have to change, will Vincenzo Nibali become the captain?

1 hour ago, NickGM said:

Leonard Kamna with a classic fuga bidon, as the italians say. That's my prediction (or hope) for the day.

13:34:48
The advantage of the breakaway group continues to grow: 11'06'' after 40 km of racing
Live News
13:19:45
Here are the 14 breakaway members

Valerio Conti (Astana Qazaqstan), Lennard Kämna (Bora-hansgrohe), Davide Villella, Rémy Rochas (Cofidis), Rein Taaramae (Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert), Gijs Leemreize (Jumbo-Visma), Sylvain Moniquet (Lotto Soudal), Mauri Vansevenant (Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl), Juan Pedro Lopez (Trek-Segafredo), Stefano Oldani (Alpecin-Fenix), Diego Andrés Camargo (EF Education-EasyPost), Erik Fetter (Eolo-Kometa), Alexander Cataford (Israel-PremierTech) and Lilian Calmejane (AG2R Citroën).
8’10” gap for them.