UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

14 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

That’s correct he was also inLenzerheide but doesn’t race for computernania. Johan came in 24 th

Daniel 79th

Luke 98th on a borrowed bike

Looking forward to seeing them all getting more international racing done! Best for everyone. 

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Intrigued to know exactly what happened between Nino and Mathias. If anyone finds a fan's phone video of it, please post the link here.

Awesome how much it still means to Nino for an "old" guy after so many wins.

Great result for Alan. Watching that sprint I thought it would have been better to be on the inside of Luca (always harder to overtake going the long way round), but in the post race interview he said that's what he tried that in the XCC and came up short so tried something different. Thinking like that, on the bike, in the moment shows the racecraft he has.

4 minutes ago, wolver said:

Intrigued to know exactly what happened between Nino and Mathias. If anyone finds a fan's phone video of it, please post the link here.

Awesome how much it still means to Nino for an "old" guy after so many wins.

Great result for Alan. Watching that sprint I thought it would have been better to be on the inside of Luca (always harder to overtake going the long way round), but in the post race interview he said that's what he tried that in the XCC and came up short so tried something different. Thinking like that, on the bike, in the moment shows the racecraft he has.

He did about the inside again but yeah Braidot had him covered. The only way was the outside and maybe he just gave Braidot a bit too much respect because in the end it was a very small margin between 1st and 2nd

I think Shurter is just miffed because someone finally decided not to put up with his bully tactics and he came off 2nd best. As they say in the classics... Rubbing is Racing.

Super impressed by Alan, you could hear in this post race interview that he's racing very maturely.

20 hours ago, nathrix said:

Why on earth do they play slow-mo action replays while there are plenty of live action in the last kilometer to the finish line is beyond me…

RB blamed it on Swiss TV which was providing the coverage...

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

More like hand bags at dawn and choice language. Did he actually take a swing at Fluck? If he did he’s a little limp wristed because there wasn’t a scratch on Fluckiger 

Read in one of the comments on the previous article it was more a shove in the face than an actual swipe. 

Yara surely one of the millennials in the forest got a vid on ticktok already? 

Just now, babse said:

Read in one of the comments on the previous article it was more a shove in the face than an actual swipe. 

Yara surely one of the millennials in the forest got a vid on ticktok already? 

🦗 crickets

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

I think Shurter is just miffed because someone finally decided not to put up with his bully tactics and he came off 2nd best. As they say in the classics... Rubbing is Racing.

Super impressed by Alan, you could hear in this post race interview that he's racing very maturely.

When and what are these Bully tactics from NS?

I'm not denying it or sticking up for NS, just never heard of this sort of complaint against him before

As for this incident with Flucki, comments and assumptions are pointless until we know for sure what happened, I'd say that both of them were rather desperate for the win for different reasons and additionally because it would have been in front of their home crowd....  the stunned silence and oooh when AH and Bairdot emerged out of the forest 

Edited by SwissVan

14 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

I'm not denying it or sticking up for NS, just never heard of this sort of complaint against him before

As for this incident with Flucki, comments and assumptions are pointless until we know for sure what happened, I'd say that both of them were rather desperate for the win for different reasons and additionally because it would have been in front of their home crowd....  the stunned silence and oooh when AH and Bairdot emerged out of the forest 

we do know what happened their respective interviews are posted above in earlier posts.

3 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

As for this incident with Flucki, comments and assumptions are pointless until we know for sure what happened, I'd say that both of them where rather desperate for the win for different reasons and additionally because it would have been in front of their home crowd....  the stunned silence and oooh when AH and Bairdot emerged out of the forest 

On the bullying thing,….

I’ve heard some first hand stories of on the course tactics, start line chirps . Some would call it gamesmanship, some would say it’s over the line. Until the riders who have experienced come out and describe it there’s only going to be whispers.

Personally I’ve seen some things on race coverage that sort of left me with the “ that looks to be deliberate intimidation…” things like buzzing the rear tyre. Slowing deliberately to catch a following rider off guard or to get them in front so you can follow for lap after lap then claim the victory in a quick 100m sprint or slowing before a drop off to unsettle the riders behind. Some may say it’s all part of the game but bear in mind the guy behind will get gatvol of your tactics and turn the tables at some point and use your tactics against you. Then it isn’t appropriate to hurl f bombs and play the victim. M

Also check one of the post stage interviews of the Cape Epic, I think it was 2018 or 2019 Nino vs. Henrique things got heated there with some "intimidation tactics".

3 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Also check one of the post stage interviews of the Cape Epic, I think it was 2018 or 2019 Nino vs. Henrique things got heated there with some "intimidation tactics".

That interview did solicit a lot of media follow up which Henrique regretted because of the distraction it caused.

It seems a lot like Lewis H getting away with bunting other drivers off the track because he’s perfected  the art of looking and sounding innocent.

everyone loves the winner so fans sort of reinforce the behaviour and this creates a feedback loop to the media that influences the rule gatekeepers who do nothing that then promotes the continuance of said poor behaviour and the cycle continues 

3 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

That was just one incident, there are many others that never made the news. I think it's safe to say that Nino might be well respected for his talent but I believe that's where the respect ends.