UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Positions were pretty much set from hallway through lap 1. The stigger Frei for 3rd was about the most exciting bit too watch. Mitterwalner coming up to 15th was pretty impressive after that disastrous start

Edited by Stretch

41 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Mitterwalner coming up to 15th was pretty impressive after that disastrous start

Mitterwallner crossed the finish line 5-and-a-half minutes after Lecomte. Her off didn't nearly that much time. Not sure I'd call that impressive (apart from the fact that the ability to do a single lap here without stopping for sleep or hospitalisation is in itself impressive! 😅)

She had a face of thunder at the finish and wanted nothing to do with anyone. 🤭

1 hour ago, tinmug said:

Mitterwallner crossed the finish line 5-and-a-half minutes after Lecomte. Her off didn't nearly that much time. Not sure I'd call that impressive (apart from the fact that the ability to do a single lap here without stopping for sleep or hospitalisation is in itself impressive! 😅)

She had a face of thunder at the finish and wanted nothing to do with anyone. 🤭

She had to run up the hill and then get her bike corrected. Probably 2 minutes in that alone. Then had to redline to pass all of the field for 5 laps from the back. All this at your home event when you were wanting to perform. Yes, I would say she had a right to be disappointed and angry at the end of the event. As would any professional in that situation. Yet she still composed herself and interviewed soon after. Not bad for someone who is not even 21 years old. For someone who is still learning i think it showed massive professionalism and yes I definitely think it's impressive

3 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Alan is putting in a good fight today

He is really looking exceptional. 5/6 and he is keeping within 10 seconds of the leading duo. Dis warm daaa' in Austria.

14 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

He is really looking exceptional. 5/6 and he is keeping within 10 seconds of the leading duo. Dis warm daaa' in Austria.

Travelling across the equator is always such an energy-sapper, yet Alan did really well to defend from the late charge by Dascalu. What an ambassador for the Lefty, that one.

1 minute ago, Stretch said:

Hatherly just held on. He was blown in that last lap

He rode dascalu off his wheel after they caught him!? 

He managed that race brilliantly in my view