UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

15 minutes ago, babse said:

He rode dascalu off his wheel after they caught him!? 

He managed that race brilliantly in my view 

Yeah.. not saying he didn't have a brilliant race. When he realised they were on him he pulled into his reserves and used some of that South African grit to hold them off, but you could see that he was spent going up that big climb

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan is at the sharp end for sure. Just a bit worried about Candice-hope she can get in at the front soon

image.png.55d90c021046fa1eeb8ff32dad2338cc.png

Edited by OVERDRIVE

2 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Alan is at the sharp end for sure. Just a bit worried about Candice-hope she can get in at the front soon

image.png.55d90c021046fa1eeb8ff32dad2338cc.png

Why are you worried or worried about? 

Mathias rode the perfect race, stayed away from the front for the 2 opening laps and it paid off where as Nino was a bit too hasty and attacked everywhere. I reckon he needs to ride a bit more smarter if he wants that record breaking win. Alan did very well, would’ve liked him to tap off a bit more to recover but he secured P3 so it doesn’t matter. I guess you always chase as anything can happen upfront and boom you find yourself in P1

1 minute ago, milky4130 said:

Mathias rode the perfect race, stayed away from the front for the 2 opening laps and it paid off where as Nino was a bit too hasty and attacked everywhere. I reckon he needs to ride a bit more smarter if he wants that record breaking win. Alan did very well, would’ve liked him to tap off a bit more to recover but he secured P3 so it doesn’t matter. I guess you always chase as anything can happen upfront and boom you find yourself in P1

Alan looked far more comfortable today compared to his last races .... the bro is getting stronger and I am getting more excited that he is.

9 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Alan looked far more comfortable today compared to his last races .... the bro is getting stronger and I am getting more excited that he is.

For sure, he rode from row 3 to the front within 300 meters, then maintained the front position all the way. Phenomenal Effort today.

2 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Why are you worried or worried about? 

Probably because she appears stuck in the 30’s?

Women's got me so bored I went to do some car maintenance... Men's was much better. Great ride by AH on a tough but rather boring course. The DH was far more entertaining though. 

Loana said she’s taking a different approach to her season, came in under cooked to peak later for Les Gets. It’s going to get interesting from here on. 

most of the riders are coming out of another training block just before Leogang so maybe heavy legs from training slowed some like Bec McConnell down. Pauline is extending her training block for Les Gets.

The Ghost ladies are also aiming to peak for worlds so I’d be keen to see where Anne ends up in Andorra. She’s getting better and better. Caroline is meeting her promise sooner than Mona who just seems to be blessed with bad luck on lap1

great ride by Alan, looks like racing a WPleague race the weekend before is a moerse good thing after all…

Edited by DieselnDust

All this talk of the track being boring, but there was some serious Gnar in places. 

Big steep climbs, gnar, loose corners, multiple lines..... It was quite a thing. 

More technical climbs? More technical flats? How could they make it less boring? Surely the racing dictates that? I reckon the coverage is what makes it boring.

They spend the whole race watching the front 2 or 3 who are so evenly matched and the chasing group pingpong just gets ignored.

The techy bits are also over so quickly it's difficult to do them justice and the front guys all get through it mostly unscathed, so it just looks like repetitive loops of the same same with 2 guys following each other and 1 or 2 more just behind. 

Pro sport has begun to become pretty robotic throughout. As science pushes performance, analytics and technology are readily available for all, everyone knows everyone's weaknesses and strengths and has plans to counter them etc... I'm not sure how they could dress the racing up differently to make it less monotonous.

They tried with XCC and even that gets slated by people as being mickey mouse or whatever they decide is wrong with it. 

I do also think that we, as an audience, have changed. We are far more vocally dissatisfied with everything. It takes more and more to satisfy the collective and having the strongest, most scientifically advanced humans racing for seconds isn't a recipe for excitement.

Get a bunch of less fit hackers together to duke it out and it would be way more exciting to watch for us

15 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

All this talk of the track being boring, but there was some serious Gnar in places. 

Big steep climbs, gnar, loose corners, multiple lines..... It was quite a thing. 

More technical climbs? More technical flats? How could they make it less boring? Surely the racing dictates that? I reckon the coverage is what makes it boring.

They spend the whole race watching the front 2 or 3 who are so evenly matched and the chasing group pingpong just gets ignored.

The techy bits are also over so quickly it's difficult to do them justice and the front guys all get through it mostly unscathed, so it just looks like repetitive loops of the same same with 2 guys following each other and 1 or 2 more just behind. 

Pro sport has begun to become pretty robotic throughout. As science pushes performance, analytics and technology are readily available for all, everyone knows everyone's weaknesses and strengths and has plans to counter them etc... I'm not sure how they could dress the racing up differently to make it less monotonous.

They tried with XCC and even that gets slated by people as being mickey mouse or whatever they decide is wrong with it. 

I do also think that we, as an audience, have changed. We are far more vocally dissatisfied with everything. It takes more and more to satisfy the collective and having the strongest, most scientifically advanced humans racing for seconds isn't a recipe for excitement.

Get a bunch of less fit hackers together to duke it out and it would be way more exciting to watch for us

Did you watch the downhill? Robotic professionals falling all over the place in that event. Perhaps eBike XC) hackers would be even more fun to watch though 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Did you watch the downhill? Robotic professionals falling all over the place in that event. Perhaps eBike XC) hackers would be even more fun to watch though 🙂 

I did watch the DH. Well parts of it. I actually find the DH pretty boring to watch on a usual day too. 

I include myself in the above. I am not often whelmed by pro sport these days. I have started watching woman's cricket. It is awesome in it's raw, amateur nature.

But then as I've said before, I watch sport to be entertained and have very little emotional loyalty to people I have never met. If it isn't entertaining, it get's switched to something that is or turned off so I can practice playing musical instruments or play with my boy.

Downhill by its nature is going to have more carnage and winning margins are much smaller. The commentators are always breathless which translates in to "excitement".

Also what individuals personal leanings are will play a role in what they want to watch and consider exciting.

XCC and XCo is where its at for me. These are bloody hard disciplines so watching these guys and gals hitting it hard up every climb recovering to tackle really sketchy descents and rinse  repeats x6/7 applying great skill and courage without body armour is certainly exciting and deserving of respect. That sad not every race is going to be exciting. Up until the last lap of the mens Leogang race the winner could have been any one of three riders