Theo Erlangen raced the mens DH

Johan van Zyl

Daniel van der Walt in the mens U23

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That precious inside lane, getting in their first crucial. So, so, so close for Alan. Geez, the margins, milli-millimetres!

Heaven for Braidot with his first ever win; torment for Schurter, pursuing that milestone.

Schurter:  “he overtook me where you cant make a safe pass. He crashed into me; as soon as there is a contact, one should stay behind” 
Flückiger: “its no time trial; i learned from Nino to race aggressively; this time we collided
Sauce: Swiss TV

Respect for the men and women in the arena. Such deep fields; such hectic intensity. One point difference on the women’s scoreboard.

A1F39EAE-ABCA-4085-A681-E0CB815B5541.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Don’t know 

the producer was more interested in stupid moody woody shots

Camera work was actually so good until that moment. What the hell was that? 

43 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Camera work was actually so good until that moment. What the hell was that? 

I think that section was not covered by cameras, unfortunately 

Nino basically says that Flucki took him out, and that this type of thing should not happen at a Swiss WC race between 2 Swiss racers…..whilst Flucki saying sorry but that’s racing.

Have a look at the clip below ((sorry it’s in Swiss deutsch) during the podium prize giving, Swiss body language…..they clearly don’t agree. 
its going to boost the tv ratings for the next few XCO WC mens races

https://www.srf.ch/sport/mehr-sport/rad/cross-country-in-lenzerheide-abschuss-im-zauberwald-schurters-grosser-aerger-ueber-flueckiger

7 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

I think that section was not covered by cameras, unfortunately 

Nino basically says that Flucki took him out, and that this type of thing should not happen at a Swiss WC race between 2 Swiss racers…..whilst Flucki saying sorry but that’s racing.

Have a look at the clip below ((sorry it’s in Swiss deutsch) during the podium prize giving, Swiss body language…..they clearly don’t agree. 
its going to boost the tv ratings for the next few XCO WC mens races

https://www.srf.ch/sport/mehr-sport/rad/cross-country-in-lenzerheide-abschuss-im-zauberwald-schurters-grosser-aerger-ueber-flueckiger

Geo locked

Blady hell sounds like i missed some proper racing today... 

Alan is getting closer and closer to that first Elite win. So lekker to check this saffer progress and now fighting for the top step... 

I think he said pre season his goals were top5 overall, common wealth games and Worlds!? Its looking great! 

4 minutes ago, babse said:

Blady hell sounds like i missed some proper racing today... 

Alan is getting closer and closer to that first Elite win. So lekker to check this saffer progress and now fighting for the top step... 

I think he said pre season his goals were top5 overall, common wealth games and Worlds!? Its looking great! 

Some of the best bar to bar racing in n long while.

The A and B lines had many very close calls ....  it was just a matter of time ....

Even some close racing, though short lived, in the ladies race as well.

2 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Some of the best bar to bar racing in n long while.

The A and B lines had many very close calls ....  it was just a matter of time ....

Even some close racing, though short lived, in the ladies race as well.

It was a matter of time and no quarter was given and therein lies the rub of the d hurt et Fluckiger battle. When you needle your opponents over and over again one day they say no more 

37 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

It was a matter of time and no quarter was given and therein lies the rub of the d hurt et Fluckiger battle. When you needle your opponents over and over again one day they say no more 

Todays prize giving, screen shot from the geo locked link

Nino: See you at the next race…….

104ECFC4-C40A-4B65-B9AF-9A12A1C9E7CC.jpeg

8 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Todays prize giving, screen shot from the geo locked link

Nino: See you at the next race…….

104ECFC4-C40A-4B65-B9AF-9A12A1C9E7CC.jpeg

That’s a better image than the one he projected after crossing the finish line. A bit of time to settle the emotions , #tjankitoff and smile for the camera. 

has it rained in Andorra? If not the fireworks between these two will lead to scorched earth

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Theo Erlangen raced the mens DH

Johan van Zyl

Daniel van der Walt in the mens U23

Luke Moir as well apparently, raced on a Trek Supercal from Trek/Vaude. Pretty bold colourways. 

5 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Luke Moir as well apparently, raced on a Trek Supercal from Trek/Vaude. Pretty bold colourways. 

That’s correct he was also inLenzerheide but doesn’t race for computernania. Johan came in 24 th

Daniel 79th

Luke 98th on a borrowed bike

Show of character from Hatherly saying how he'd rather have gone toe to toe four up, even though it's all part and parcel of racing. Sincere and stoic, good man. 

Completely speculative, but given the most recent interviews on the crash, it wouldn't be surprising if there were some strong words in the forest after the crash. Which is probably also why all the riders ducked the question. Fair enough I suppose, but under Eurosport/GCN the question would be a bit more hardballed. 

Swiss TV provided the visuals. It was probably a logistics/capacity call camera placement in that section of forest. With the amount of phone cameras though, I wouldn't be surprised if some spectator footage showed up online, probably from some random like a Felix Munchaussen or something. Whose 20 strong Instagram account will blow up into 200k overnight as people view his amateur clip amongst his homemade strudel and mountain top pet selfies. 

Ps ... The Fluck is ginger AF with that beard. Who knew.