Paris-Nice

TNT1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a thread covering Tours, but was dated 2021.

BTW, Tirreno-Adriatico starts today.

33 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

No thread? You guys disappoint.

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

There was a thread covering Tours, but was dated 2021.

BTW, Tirreno-Adriatico starts today.

Yeah, I'm gonna lose money betting on Evenepoel, aren't I?

I see the folly of expecting threads on real cycling. I didn't realise the world funride champs was around the corner.

Wout van Aert said Jumbo-Visma's striking show of collective force yesterday put him in mind of Mapei's 1-2-3 at the 1996 Paris-Roubaix, though a more apposite comparison might be the way Jumbo-Visma's predecessor Rabobank somehow seven riders in the break of ten on stage 2 of this race in 1999. On that occasion in Nangins, Andrei Tchmil managed to beat the odds and the Rabobank pairing of Markus Zberg and Leon van Bon in the sprint, but the day laid the foundations for Michael Boogerd's eventual overall victory. Like Boogered, Primož Roglič is in pole position for overall honours here after gaining 28 seconds on most of his GC rivals and 42 on defending champion Max Schachmann (Bora-Hansgrohe). “I was not sure still about my shape and my legs, but in the end I was in this situation with the strongest guys here. I also managed to keep pace with them,” Roglič said at the finish yesterday.

1st and 2nd groups back together now. combined work has been halted for now. All the heavy hitters in the leading bunch

I saw some very ordinary work by AG2R handing out bottles. wonder if those riders will get what they need?

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

I saw some very ordinary work by AG2R handing out bottles. wonder if those riders will get what they need?

Saw that as well. I'm sure those two AG2R riders who couldn't get the bottles are waiting to have some words with that soigneur.

Bad day out for Movistar though.

leading out into the sprint, WvA was 2nd wheel and Jacobsen 3rd. When WvA kicked and took the lead, Jacobsen had sped up and was level with him. WvA is no slouch in a sprint (see Champs Elysees last year), but as a sprinter Jacobsen is a few steps up on that even. It looked effortless and unhurried. Fabulous Fabio indeed

3 minutes ago, Jakkals. said:

hard to like this guy...but maybe he has found the right team.

His head seems to be right based off of what he says these days since joining the bees.

1 minute ago, Hilton. said:

Stefan de Bod flying the flag for SA, currently sitting 5th.

Less than a minute to Dennis is a beast of a performance.

6 minutes ago, Jakkals. said:

hard to like this guy...but maybe he has found the right team.

Why do you say its hard to like him?