JohanDiv

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, stringbean said:

It seems the Epic results page is currently been run by Eskom 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah I had the same. Had to FFWD the youtube stream to get final results for today

17 minutes ago, love2fly said:

But wasn't Frischknicht up the road?

on GC but not at that point in the Stage. They were about 2min behind Lars and Nino.

25 minutes ago, love2fly said:

But wasn't Frischknicht up the road?

I didn't hear the rider he swapped with's name but aren't you confusing Andri with these guys?

Spain 36-1 Sergio Mantecon Gutierrez
Spain 36-2 Francesc Guerra Carretero
SCOTT - Calabandida

They were up the road...I think....

Edit: Just watched the interview again and Nino definitely said he swapped with Andri.
Edited by Eldron

12 minutes ago, Eldron said:

I didn't hear the rider he swapped with's name but aren't you confusing Andri with these guys?

Spain 36-1 Sergio Mantecon Gutierrez
Spain 36-2 Francesc Guerra Carretero
SCOTT - Calabandida

They were up the road...I think....

Edit: Just watched the interview again and Nino definitely said he swapped with Andri.

correct, it was the Scott Calabandida team that was up the road with the 2nd group on the trail

11 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

correct, it was the Scott Calabandida team that was up the road with the 2nd group on the trail

👍

On a different note...I raised this 2 or 3 years ago when Nino flatted and had issues. .....do they run skimmed tyres made from silk pajamas to save weight and rolling resistance? It's just my opinion but I'd rather go with a slightly beefier tyre with better puncture resistance and know I should be ok for the stage.

SCOTT SRAm DUE shipped a lot of time to China today, they're an hour behind so clearly sacrificed their position by swapping wheels with Nino. They lost a further 50min gettign that wheel sorted and before changing it at the tech zone.

There's 3 distinct groups on the road now and it leaves the leaders in a commanding but also awkward position. The groups behind are 6min and 8min and both contain teams who have GC ambition.

They can sit on the back and follow but need to be careful of punctures and mechanicals. The preferred strategy should be to lead from the front and dictate the pace by making themselves as wide as possible. Hit the steep climbs hard and consolidate.

Rain forecast for Greyton on Wednesday and Thursday is going to make those two stages wide open.

This race is far from done!

1 hour ago, @grootlem said:

What I don't understand is why there was no mandatory test of each rider before the event. I thought it was sort of standard in sports events now. I'm pretty sure I know of riders that started knowing they could have covid

I have a friend that was not allowed to attend/erect his stall, he sells the MBMounts...  as he does not have a vaccination cert... so sounds very much like double standards at the Epic, but then not the first time I've heard that "double" standards being done.
G

32 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

SCOTT SRAm DUE shipped a lot of time to China today, they're an hour behind so clearly sacrificed their position by swapping wheels with Nino. They lost a further 50min gettign that wheel sorted and before changing it at the tech zone.

There's 3 distinct groups on the road now and it leaves the leaders in a commanding but also awkward position. The groups behind are 6min and 8min and both contain teams who have GC ambition.

They can sit on the back and follow but need to be careful of punctures and mechanicals. The preferred strategy should be to lead from the front and dictate the pace by making themselves as wide as possible. Hit the steep climbs hard and consolidate.

Rain forecast for Greyton on Wednesday and Thursday is going to make those two stages wide open.

This race is far from done!

All that's needed is for Scott Sram or others desirous of 1st place finish to persevere and have no more bad luck and current top 2 or 3 to not be able to repeat their great performances and/or have a bad day ...still a loooong way to go.

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

its similar for the UCI teams. The policy applies to all, however the UCI teams can apply for a waiver on medical grounds. This s recorded and signed off by SAIDS /WADA official present. This is how the process was described to me in 2016 when i needed a drip (rank amateur)

for an amateur, if you need a 2nd drip then its preferable to go to the nearest hospital on your own and have the drip applied there. The race hospital is not allowed to administer drips on more than 1 day of the event. I'm not sure if there's a time period where this reset to zero ie.g after 3 or 4 or 5 days or if its longer. or if the rules have changed for the UCI teams but because it falls into the no needles policy I'm leaning toward it being some strictly monitored to avoid abuse

For UCI riders, TUE applies. No needles policy.

Amateurs, once off at the discretion of the event medico.

The entire event feels like it has lost some of its shine. Could be due to the last minute cancellation in 2020 or maybe sign of the times. Missing some top riders. From Assos to Ciovita for leaders jerseys. Website broken most of the day and many locals just can’t be bothered to enter (and can’t afford it) 

Just now, jcza said:

The entire event feels like it has lost some of its shine. Could be due to the last minute cancellation in 2020 or maybe sign of the times. Missing some top riders. From Assos to Ciovita for leaders jerseys. Website broken most of the day and many locals just can’t be bothered to enter (and can’t afford it) 

App works fine !