Anybody else's Wahoo Elemnt Bolt not switching on after CTCT 2022

BassoBoy

Hi

On Saturday I switched on my bolt for the second time after CTCT last week and went out riding. It went off about 10 minutes in and I was left abit confused because I had about 70% charge on it before I left home. Tried force rebooting.and their other troubleshooting options with no luck. I can only assume it was water damage from last week because some guy I spoke to on Chappies yesterday also said his packed in also after last week(though with an IPX-7 rating last week should have been a walk in the park). Anybody else having the same issue?

The distributor participates in this forum so hopefully they will chime in soon enough. Best bet is to send it in for warranty. Water damage or failed battery should not occur within the time period that unit has been in the marketplaceĀ 

46 minutes ago, BigDL said:

Based on the quality of the HRM straps, I wouldnā€™t be rushing to buy and wahoo products any more other than the kickrĀ 

in their defense, HRM straps for most brands don't last longer than 18months anylonger.Ā 

I had the old Garmin Straps for Years. They would die of old age after 5-6 years. Then they broughtout the new soft disposable strap. what a POS.

1 hour ago, BigDL said:

Based on the quality of the HRM straps, I wouldnā€™t be rushing to buy and wahoo products any more other than the kickrĀ 

Iā€™m on my third Kickr and second HRM. They seem to be lasting this time round.Ā 

Definitely looking at Garmin for my GPS needs.Ā 

1 hour ago, BigDL said:

Yeah I'm with you on that. I have 2 unresponsive/problematicWahoo heart straps. My old Polars used to go 10 years plus. In my opinion Wahoo = poor quality compromise. Rather buy Garmin or Polar.

57 minutes ago, Cafe Racer said:

Wahoo service is fantastic, hands down the best in the game, Ā if its in warranty period consider it sorted.Ā 

A one year warranty for something that costs R1200 plus plus and has no moving parts is poor. As I said before my older Polar straps lasted longer than their usefulness ie 10 yesrs and more. Yes different tech but at the end of the day they are both coded radio transmitters..

Also have a Elemnt Bolt with no issues. Tickr also no issues so far.

Friend however also recently had issues with his bolt not liking water/sweat.

9 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

My Wahoo hasn't went on since CTCT either, but that's for different reasons...
šŸ‘€

same with my fitness

Yea so I am way outside of the one year warranty so wahoo came back with a polite "not my problem" and ikhambi says my only option is to send it to the states to get repairedšŸ™ƒ

20 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

The distributor participates in this forum so hopefully they will chime in soon enough. Best bet is to send it in for warranty. Water damage or failed battery should not occur within the time period that unit has been in the marketplaceĀ 

Ā