[Event] B-Well Around The Pot 2022

Events Bot

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I’m riding the 160km 

does one require lights from the start or is there opportunity to grab spares and lights at a water point and which one?

You won't need a light for the 160km.. The start is at 07:15.

At Waterpoint 3 (Malgas Pont @ 100km) you can get your Support Box at the water table.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

It's not ideal...

Life will change a fair bit, but I have a good support system and look forward to spending more time playing guitar and shaping surfboards and focussing on work and home a bit more. 

Let's hope for a speedy and FULL recovery.  May the need for a focus shift be temporary.

May you be e-bike free for a good few decades .... :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I’m riding the 160km 

does one require lights from the start or is there opportunity to grab spares and lights at a water point and which one?

I think it requires you to read the race instructions first!

9 hours ago, JohanDiv said:

That's going to be a proper test for our road bike tandem on gravel tyres!

Just doing the 60miler though.. Don't think I'll be able to handle the full 100miler on that thing!

So glad you posted this I am also doing the 60miler on my roadbike with 33c Cyclo-cross Tyres, hope I survive. Will keep an eye out for you.

13 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

I’m riding the 160km 

Only need lights if cycling to start.By end of neutral zone as you ho onto gravel it will be light enough.Beware in neutral zone of high speeds and overtaking over white line with oncoming traffic

1 hour ago, Bernard Horn said:

Only need lights if cycling to start.By end of neutral zone as you ho onto gravel it will be light enough.Beware in neutral zone of high speeds and overtaking over white line with oncoming traffic

Ja the first tar section out of town is a pretty tight peloton. Lots of overlapping wheels. I've seen okes tumble here before. 

19 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

It's not ideal...

Life will change a fair bit, but I have a good support system and look forward to spending more time playing guitar and shaping surfboards and focussing on work and home a bit more. 

Get well soon. Enjoy the rest and the change of pace and you will be back far sooner than you think, and probably stronger too :) Keep well

32 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Scored an entry so now the hunt for accom is on! 

Try Bonfruti

Short drive outside Swellendam.

Very nice farm vibe, super nice owners

Who's riding what kind of bike for this? - been tempted to take my checkpoint but my Transbaviaans teammates have forbidden it - so it's my top fuel. 

11 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Who's riding what kind of bike for this? - been tempted to take my checkpoint but my Transbaviaans teammates have forbidden it - so it's my top fuel. 

I am on the Storck Grix di2, should be fun. 

17 minutes ago, Mamil said:

I'm doing the 100 miler on my Rook Scout (with some aerobars, because why not :) )

36 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

On the MTB in batch B for the 160(thanks to late entry)

Is it not a mass start event?