[Event] Fedhealth MTB Challenge 2022

Events Bot

4 minutes ago, SEANSTEP said:

I always find it frustrating having to wait long periods for race results. Running races are back to the 1980's in that regard. Must say when one is accustomed to Racetec's fairly fast process it can makes the delay all the more noticeable from other companies. #No affiliation with Racetec although I do vaguely know one of the "owners/past owners". He is a cyclist, so hard not to in the Cape Town community.

Racetec did the event the previous weekend in Vredendal .... as soon as the last rider crossed the line the results were loaded and available.

Mobi is normally also live with their results... so after you finish you go on app and your result will be online.

That's my previous experience anyway. I have to agree though, in todays time there is no excuse to not have results online immediately or shortly after you cross the line.

9 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Meanwhile over at the Trailseeker....

Yeah, I prefer my trails marked - not seeked. Sorry, Nissan events screwed us over once so we will never do any of their events ever again. Lucky for me they gave it a name I can make fun of. Trailseeker - I mean like the least you could have done was mark the damn trail.... Go figure. Nissan. Pfft.

Still wonder where the missing 10km and 200m climb went too? Other than the twice that I did getting to the venue and back home. 

9 hours ago, Rouxenator said:

Yeah, I prefer my trails marked - not seeked. Sorry, Nissan events screwed us over once so we will never do any of their events ever again. Lucky for me they gave it a name I can make fun of. Trailseeker - I mean like the least you could have done was mark the damn trail.... Go figure. Nissan. Pfft.

Still wonder where the missing 10km and 200m climb went too? Other than the twice that I did getting to the venue and back home. 

That was the event in Somerset west where kids stole all the route markers and advendurance then offered affected participants a free entry to the wellington event? 

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

That was the event in Somerset west where kids stole all the route markers and advendurance then offered affected participants a free entry to the wellington event? 

I remember that one! Didn't that one start almost in the dark? Like 6:30 or something.

We ended up only doing around 15km, if I recall. We missed the main Helderberg mountain climb and descent. We all got lost somewhere near Spier, and went over some train tracks to get back to the start.

15 hours ago, Rouxenator said:

So you think they intentionally set out to put on a terrible event to screw you? Get over yourself. I was at that event and it was very unfortunate, but they made up for it by offering free entry to the next one. I have done most of the WC Trailseeker events and barring the one exception they have always been top notch. 

On 9/12/2022 at 10:42 AM, DieselnDust said:

Looked like a mudfest

Just did a strip down of my friends Scott .... less than 1 000km on the clock.

Rear brakes to be replaced.

Rear wheel bearings grinding

BB - right - very tight, barely turns.

BB - left - grinding ...

pedals fine

front wheel bearings feel smooth

derailure idler pulleys were cleaned and refitted (he did that last night)

did a quick clean and lube of the clutch assembly.  (no water ingress)

gears are not shifting right, cant check it until the rest is sorted ....

and for good measure the chain is almost at 0,5% ....

Steering bearings feels smooth

What was scary to note was the amount of water ingress !!!  He cleaned the bike with a hosepipe (no pressure cleaner).  There was water inside:

- the BB

- the front wheel through axle

Without the correct pullers and presses I am not hacking out bearings on a new frame !!  Bike is going in tomorrow for these items.  At least he got to SEE what is wrong, and now has a better appreciation of what must be checked/done after these types of events.

On 9/13/2022 at 8:33 PM, ChrisF said:

Just did a strip down of my friends Scott .... less than 1 000km on the clock.

Rear brakes to be replaced.

Rear wheel bearings grinding

BB - right - very tight, barely turns.

BB - left - grinding ...

pedals fine

front wheel bearings feel smooth

derailure idler pulleys were cleaned and refitted (he did that last night)

did a quick clean and lube of the clutch assembly.  (no water ingress)

gears are not shifting right, cant check it until the rest is sorted ....

and for good measure the chain is almost at 0,5% ....

Steering bearings feels smooth

What was scary to note was the amount of water ingress !!!  He cleaned the bike with a hosepipe (no pressure cleaner).  There was water inside:

- the BB

- the front wheel through axle

Without the correct pullers and presses I am not hacking out bearings on a new frame !!  Bike is going in tomorrow for these items.  At least he got to SEE what is wrong, and now has a better appreciation of what must be checked/done after these types of events.

Yikes - I dumped my bike in a dam on the route just to get the the bike in ridable state again.

Rode the bike back home (about 10km) and it was making absolutely horrible noises. Washed it with a bucket and hose, lubed it up and it was fine on a 44km lap around Simonsberg yesterday.

Still want to know where they cut the route short. My guess is g-spot at the start?