[Event] Giant Witfontein Enduro 2022

Christofison

1 hour ago, Thermophage said:

Not very muchj :) Pretty chilled one dist adn elev this year 

It's about half a km shorter than last year, with 50-100m less climbing.

Last year the winner had a race time of just over 20 minutes, this year will be around 17minutes.

There's a whole bunch of small changes, but the main difference is that 6 minute pedally stage (Stuka/Alaska/SnailTrail) has been swapped out for Squamish which is just under 3 minutes for the quicker riders. I reckon next year we'll be back up to distance and elevation of 2020, assuming the harvesting is over by then.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, esCape-ist said:

I see the trails are on strava, will they be available to the public after the event. Asking as I can’t make the event, but will be spending some time there later in August.

Absolutely. The trails are open to the public. Just consider donating to the Hillbillies Mountain Bike Club for our efforts in building and maintenance.

1 hour ago, Christofison said:

Absolutely. The trails are open to the public. Just consider donating to the Hillbillies Mountain Bike Club for our efforts in building and maintenance.

Will definitely be doing so. Already decided I will sign up for an annual membership as well, even though I’m only gonna be there for 10 days. You guys seem to be doing amazing things

15 hours ago, Meezo said:

weather looking fun for the weekend 🥸

I've been watching the weather closely for the last few days. Yesterday afternoon it suddenly looked grim, but this morning not so bad anymore... just a little bit of rain to make some hero dirt and maybe a few greasy roots 🤣 I guess we'll have a more accurate idea by Friday.

Pre-entries close tomorrow 🤙 it's going to be a siiick day

Late entries will be accepted on race day, with a R50 surcharge for missing yesterday's D-day.
Full Category - R450
Lite Category - R400
(Payable in cash only!)

Late entrants must also bring R50 for a day license, or proof of CSA membership/racing license.
Junior & Elite Categories require a Racing License
All other Age Categories for a National event require CSA Membership
Sports Categories require at least a day license, but are not eligible for podium, Series Points, Championship, or Provincial Colour awards.

Edited by Christofison

Well done @Christofison that was amazing. The hardest (gnarliest) riding I've done in a long time... The conditions I'm sure did play an interesting role... Love every second of it!

I had a huge OTB at SS2 and then when down completely off at SS3 about 6 meters down with my bars about 20cm deep it the loam.

I did not expect the steepness wow, those rocks over camber then the sloppy snotty ness of the rain the night before... We were bound for a wild wild ride.

Managed to pull myself together and stay on the bike for SS4 and SS5. Must be said, trails are gnarly cool, riding them blind super cool, then racing them for bragging rights over your mates... Un flippen believable.

I can't believe i haven't ridden these trails before... Unbelievable... You and your team has done a goodie!!! 

Body is sore, ego is shattered, rock and roller deeply ingrained into my top tube and fork lowers (bike ready for a brand new condition in the classifieds)

Last pic me getting pulled out by the spectators "Oom is oom ok?!"

Smiling from ear to ear, kicking myself i didn't ride these in years before... Here's to years to come

IMG-20220807-WA0026.jpg

IMG_20220807_141701.jpg

IMG_20220807_090857.jpg

IMG-20220807-WA0024.jpg

Nothing like being called Oom to remind you how old you're getting! haha

Nice. I'm jealous of everyone who managed to get there. It is definitely a highlight on the calendar

Where's the results of this? Sad to have missed it this year, but will be back!

6 hours ago, Meezo said:

Well done @Christofison that was amazing. The hardest (gnarliest) riding I've done in a long time... The conditions I'm sure did play an interesting role... Love every second of it!

I had a huge OTB at SS2 and then when down completely off at SS3 about 6 meters down with my bars about 20cm deep it the loam.

I did not expect the steepness wow, those rocks over camber then the sloppy snotty ness of the rain the night before... We were bound for a wild wild ride.

Managed to pull myself together and stay on the bike for SS4 and SS5. Must be said, trails are gnarly cool, riding them blind super cool, then racing them for bragging rights over your mates... Un flippen believable.

I can't believe i haven't ridden these trails before... Unbelievable... You and your team has done a goodie!!! 

Body is sore, ego is shattered, rock and roller deeply ingrained into my top tube and fork lowers (bike ready for a brand new condition in the classifieds)

Smiling from ear to ear, kicking myself i didn't ride these in years before... Here's to years to come

IMG-20220807-WA0026.jpg

IMG_20220807_141701.jpg

IMG_20220807_090857.jpg

IMG-20220807-WA0024.jpg

Well done, dude!! Sounds like fun was had...sorry I missed this, but it seems like it may have been beyond my limited abilities. Where's results...heard the KZN boy cleaned up?

An awesome event! Thank you to the Barrett family who grafted their bums off, made many sacrifices and thought only of the riders’ enjoyment!!

Even met someone who flew down from Jozi and she was not disappointed!!

23 hours ago, Meezo said:

IMG-20220807-WA0026.jpg

IMG_20220807_141701.jpg

IMG_20220807_090857.jpg

IMG-20220807-WA0024.jpg

Epic race review. Thanks Rameez. Definitely come again when the trails are dry.

15 hours ago, DirtyDan said:

An awesome event! Thank you to the Barrett family who grafted their bums off, made many sacrifices and thought only of the riders’ enjoyment!!

Even met someone who flew down from Jozi and she was not disappointed!!

I know someone who drove down from Kimberly, just for the race. Legends!