Poll: How are you watching the 2022 Tour de France?

Matt

How are you watching the 2022 Tour de France?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What is your primary platform for watching the TDF?

• DSTV / SuperSport
    • GCN+/Eurosport (via a VPN)
    • A dubious "free" online feed
    • Only watching highlights online
    • Tour de who? (Not watching)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/31/22 at 09:59 PM

Watching this years Tour via a mix of DSTV streaming and GCN+ I've been wondering how others are watching the Tour de France.

Scanning the various threads it seems GCN+ is fairly popular, but that might be skewed by the regular commenters.

Personally, I've been enjoying the commentary and overall production on GCN+. Nicholas Roche on the DSTV feed has some cool insights being perhaps the recent pro of the regular commentators, but he's just not as slick as Carlton and the Eurosport crowd.

DSTV

But only because I'm at work during broadcast times. Over the weekend I did not watch at all because no DSTV and no subs to GCN or the likes.

Supersport when I'm home. 

Otherwise catching highlights on the TDF app most nights. The app is actually pretty decent. 

15 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Switched DSTV online on for a month.  
Will cancel as soon as the Tour is over.

If GCN+ did stream in SA, that would have been my preferred route.  I HATE DSTV.

If you don't mind sharing, how does the DSTV Online billing work? Are you committed to a calendar month at a time or is it calculated pro-rata for the amount of days you used per month?

One calendar month at a time from all that I read.  They currently have a "special" where they charge you R689 (I think) for the first 3 months.  
I will just cancel after the first month and be done with it.

3 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

One calendar month at a time from all that I read.  They currently have a "special" where they charge you R689 (I think) for the first 3 months.  
I will just cancel after the first month and be done with it.

don't forget about the Vuelta!

Bit of everything, will mostly catch broadcast highlights from both GCN/DSTV ... Instagram and podcasts provide a lot of depth and insights to both the racing and side stories. 

Tried to watch the last 50km yesterday using Tiz Cycling, but it would stop streaming every 5 minutes requiring a website refresh to get it going again.

Am I doing something wrong ?

I think you're missing an option there lurking in the DSTV selection

*DSTV as the premium subscriber on a tv/online

*password sharing on a DSTV premium account

Tiz and cyclingstream are decent free options. Best to watch on laptop, as on phone it tends to freeze. Also occasionally gets blocked by rights distributor.

Google Totalsportek for other free streams.

They all come with pesky ads, just be aware