Giant unveils all-new Propel aero road bike

News bot

PRESS RELEASE Giant introduced its all-new range of Propel aero road bikes. Each of the models is built on a composite frameset with improved aerodynamics, efficiency and adjustability compared to the previous generation, making this a more versatile and highly capable choice for performance-minded road riders. The new range includes three series: Propel Advanced SL, […]

View full article

I'm not immediately convinced by the purple "black current / chrome" colour, but it might grow on me...
The "airglow" looks hot, but I wont be able to afford that bike.
Love to dream, but hey love my current propel, and would love to stay on brand. 😀
Image 1Image 1 

Nothing different here when compared to current line up of numerous other manufactures aero offerings. Almost a case of same frame different badge with one or two subtle changes and watt savings.

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

... and eat better if I owned it...

I'd probably have to ear less anyway in order to afford one. 🙈

6 minutes ago, warick_wrx said:

Nothing different here when compared to current line up of numerous other manufactures aero offerings. Almost a case of same frame different badge with one or two subtle changes and watt savings.

There's likely one best shape for a road bike. They must be getting close.

1 hour ago, Mongoose! said:

ja but only for the fist two weeks nê 🙃

😝 I'm 20 months on my current steed and still haven't come down from the high! 

MTBer here with a genuine question: How do you swap a shifter cable on these things? Is that still a DIY job?

28 minutes ago, waveduke said:

MTBer here with a genuine question: How do you swap a shifter cable on these things? Is that still a DIY job?

There is actually one model in the line up with mechanical shifting. It's a schlep, but still manageable DIY yes. Some tight bends along the way though.

9 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

I'm not immediately convinced by the purple "black current / chrome" colour, but it might grow on me...
The "airglow" looks hot, but I wont be able to afford that bike.
Love to dream, but hey love my current propel, and would love to stay on brand. 😀
Image 1Image 1 

Stay away from sram road groups

Sort of related.

When reading the article, could not help but recall the memories of my Giant TCR Aero with Mike Burrows seat post.

Sadly Mike passed recently.

https://cyclingtips.com/2022/08/mike-burrows-was-much-more-than-just-a-legendary-bicycle-designer/

It is om to do list to clean the "old" bike, named the Black Widow, and post some pics here.

My parents went to great lengths to buy this bike for me, was 5xtimes the value of our family car and old 84 VW Passat.