XCO MTB World Champs

Block

28 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Was surprised to see Pauline on a HT. 

Wonder is that gave her more of a competitive advantage considering her massive winning time gap over Neff?

Apparently, and I can be wrong. She discarded the teams prep for the race and did her own thing cause it was not working for her. She clearly knows how to prepare for a race.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

He crashed out and was seen walking next to his bike clutching his arm

Sounds familiar

If anyone missed it, someone has uploaded both races on youtube. There is all the raucous sound but no inane commentary. 

9 hours ago, esCape-ist said:

Im by no means a fanboy, but Nino is impressive to watch, his dominance by ni means makes the racing boring. Pidcock put in a really impressive race, and had some bad luck in the trees, twice, and Sam Gaze was also looking impressive till he crashed out, but that’s racing. Serrano was impressive, but just didn’t have what it took to keep up with Nino at the finish. 

Nino is the 10x world champ because he dominates in terms of fitness, technical riding ability and tactics/strategy. I think he is allowed to be a little bit full of it. 

Well you sound like a hell of fan boy and that’s ok. Just say you are and move on. 
yes the guy has been impressive consistently and that where I smell smoke.   All that hocus pocus training on balance boards and juggling giving him the edge is lovely. I don’t know what he’s really doing but being at the very top of your game for 15years In a highly anaerobic sport just seems ….fishy <flame suit on>

41 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Well you sound like a hell of fan boy and that’s ok. Just say you are and move on. 
yes the guy has been impressive consistently and that where I smell smoke.   All that hocus pocus training on balance boards and juggling giving him the edge is lovely. I don’t know what he’s really doing but being at the very top of your game for 15years In a highly anaerobic sport just seems ….fishy <flame suit on>

its not okay to not be a fan of N1N0...

apparently 

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

The last thing I’ll say for the people that don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics, I’m sorry for you. I’m sorry you can’t dream big and I’m sorry you don’t believe in miracles...

1 minute ago, jcza said:

The last thing I’ll say for the people that don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics, I’m sorry for you. I’m sorry you can’t dream big and I’m sorry you don’t believe in miracles...

You sexy thing!

Look no amount of PEDs will make you descend like elNino and just blow DVS away on the downhills like he just did. Nino is godlike and should take up #enduro and #DH in his spare time.

Oh ya, and Pidcock should take some lessons from Nino - he has a tree problem it seems. Or his bars are too wide?

Pidcock did too much road riding this season. ElNino deserved this win and the 10 titles, greatest mountain biker ever. He is trying to still beat Abselon`s record but I think Nino had much more stronger competition to get his wins.

5 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Oh ya, and Pidcock should take some lessons from Nino - he has a tree problem it seems. Or his bars are too wide?

Sam Gaze, what type of crash was that? He overjumped and went skew at high speed over the jump. I hope is ok, he looked strong, but it seems like he has a tendency to hug the ground badly. It was not like a Nino fall slipping of tyres, it was like trying to show how not to take a jump demonstration.

Edited by Mtbiker404

Piddles was saying he had the stomach bug that was doing the rounds during the week, and that's probably why he couldn't sustain his effort up front after the catch up, did well to hand onto 4th.