XCO MTB World Champs

Block

8 hours ago, Mtbiker404 said:

I thought why are they showing the tree hug incident again? It was not a replay, he hugged the same tree again on the next lap just to be sure that the tree is happy.

Not like him to make those mistakes, surely down to fatigue , happens to me every day around 5pm 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Jensie said:

Apparently, and I can be wrong. She discarded the teams prep for the race and did her own thing cause it was not working for her. She clearly knows how to prepare for a race.

Yeah it was an interesting selection from her, but she clearly pulled it off. She said post race that she felt the HT would help her get that initial gap on the uphill, which it did. I love it when athletes can think out of the box, because it is really difficult these days with sponsorships pushing things to the pros that aren’t always their first choice (i.e. Chris Froome on Disc brake Factor, etc). 

The weight cut from FS to HT is proportionally more significant for the women and I’ve actually wondered why there aren’t more women riding HT’s in XCO. 

Edited by Fred van Vlaanderen
Spelling

14 hours ago, Headshot said:

Sounds familiar

Broken collar bone and ribs. A real pity about that mistake as he was looking really good

47 minutes ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Yeah it was an interesting selection from her, but she clearly pulled it off. She said post race that she felt the HT would help her get that initial gap on the uphill, which it did. I love it when athletes can think out of the box, because it is really difficult these days with sponsorships pushing things to the pros that aren’t always there first choice (i.e. Chris Froome on Disc brake Factor, etc). 

The weight cut from FS to HT is proportionally more significant for the women and I’ve actually wondered why there aren’t more women riding HT’s in XCO. 

Well more people in general 

7 hours ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Yeah it was an interesting selection from her, but she clearly pulled it off. She said post race that she felt the HT would help her get that initial gap on the uphill, which it did. I love it when athletes can think out of the box, because it is really difficult these days with sponsorships pushing things to the pros that aren’t always their first choice (i.e. Chris Froome on Disc brake Factor, etc). 

Froome would be doing no better on calliper brakes.

37 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Froome would be doing no better on calliper brakes.

Yeah, point taken. I didn’t say he would. My example regarding him was more around the ability to choose. 

8 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Broken collar bone and ribs. A real pity about that mistake as he was looking really good

Isn't Same Gaze the lovely gentleman who had that incident with his fellow countryman once during a race.. IIRC there was some flipping off invoved too? Never liked the guy after that

5 minutes ago, leeubok said:

Isn't Same Gaze the lovely gentleman who had that incident with his fellow countryman once during a race.. IIRC there was some flipping off invoved too? Never liked the guy after that

It seems like he has grown up a bit, more humble now after some hardship. Just like Rissveds, didn`t like them before but they both seem to have learned to be more humble.

9 minutes ago, leeubok said:

Yes it’s was the commonwealth games 4 years ago. He seems to be a different , more mature and emotional intelligent person now

4 minutes ago, Mtbiker404 said:

It seems like he has grown up a bit, more humble now after some hardship. Just like Rissveds, didn`t like them before but they both seem to have learned to be more humble.

Where was Jenny?

Sam claims he is "not the man he was before" whatever that means... but yea, was not nice, like an elephant bull in musth 

49 minutes ago, leeubok said:

Youngsters with to much testosterone and in the limelight do change as they get older. Not always but they do in some cases. 

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Yes it’s was the commonwealth games 4 years ago. He seems to be a different , more mature and emotional intelligent person now

just needs to learn how to ride properly... or stick to the road?

7 minutes ago, Headshot said:

just needs to learn how to ride properly... or stick to the road?

Gaze and MvP both have great mtb skills, but they seem to be prone to mistakes or lack of constant concertation. MvP`s fall at the Olympics was also 1 of those bad lack of concertation falls. That course required a dropper for that drop and he had no dropper and so over the bars he went.

2 minutes ago, Mtbiker404 said:

Gaze and MvP both have great mtb skills, but they seem to be prone to mistakes or lack of constant concertation. MvP`s fall at the Olympics was also 1 of those bad lack of concertation falls. That course required a dropper for that drop and he had no dropper and so over the bars he went.

I suspect VDP would have crashed dropper or not - he really messed up on that one. As for Gaze, he does seem to have his share of bad crashes. Always does a proper job.