Super Glue for tyres

The Ouzo

In one of the Tubeless discussion threads someone mentioned a specific superglue they use for small cuts etc. on their tyres.

My google skills cant seem to find this post.

Please help

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Does this help?

C91A1C04-7C5D-4CCD-9675-F6C39B7DA812.png.03ed49e579457562bd36aed800eaec2b.png

same results I found, still could not find the post I'm thinking of.

45 minutes ago, ouzo said:

In one of the Tubeless discussion threads someone mentioned a specific superglue they use for small cuts etc. on their tyres.

My google skills cant seem to find this post.

Please help

What's your issue with the tyre?

26 minutes ago, NeverNotRolling said:

What's your issue with the tyre?

lots of small cuts. some are seeping sealant.

Plus I want to fix the puncture I got this morning.

B.T.W. 1 tiny tube of Loctite Power Flex at Leroy Merlin is R61. This stuff better work. 

52 minutes ago, ouzo said:

lots of small cuts. some are seeping sealant.

Plus I want to fix the puncture I got this morning.

B.T.W. 1 tiny tube of Loctite Power Flex at Leroy Merlin is R61. This stuff better work. 

Oh okay, not too sure what to do with small cuts. In my experience glue alone doesnt really work. But for bigger cuts, some stitching with dental floss and a puncture patch always does the trick..

For small cuts the sealant should be doing its job. If there are not dozens of cuts remove tyre and patch from the inside.

No glue applied from the outside will stop air from leaking. Superglue generally works best on 2 flat-mating, non porous surfaces where air can be excluded. 

As an aside I've tried it to fix a small cut on my Gatorskin clincher to no avail. I'm guessing silicone is my next best bet?

50 minutes ago, love2fly said:

For small cuts the sealant should be doing its job. If there are not dozens of cuts remove tyre and patch from the inside.

No glue applied from the outside will stop air from leaking. Superglue generally works best on 2 flat-mating, non porous surfaces where air can be excluded. 

As an aside I've tried it to fix a small cut on my Gatorskin clincher to no avail. I'm guessing silicone is my next best bet?

A Trip to CycleLab or Similar Will work much Better than Silicone.

49 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Superglue generally works best on 2 flat-mating, non porous surfaces where air can be excluded. 

This is why I was particularly looking for the power flex as it has rubber infused and is flexible.

Original poster that mentioned it has used it on tyres.

I'm not trying to seal the hole from the puncture, merrily reduce the size of the overall opening to give it a little extra strength for the internal patch.

I've used superglue with good effect on tubbies where there is a small cut in the outer surface.  Just to prevent sand/grit to work its way into the tyre and cause a possible puncture. 

For a proper puncture I use vulcanizing glue + a road tube patch on the inside of the tyre.

Patches and if the hole is big enough, dental floss to sew it closed. Then use a good sealant such as OrangeSeal Enduro. 

But smaller holes should be sealed by the sealant. If they aren’t, it’s time to try something new. 

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

This is why I was particularly looking for the power flex as it has rubber infused and is flexible.

Original poster that mentioned it has used it on tyres.

I'm not trying to seal the hole from the puncture, merrily reduce the size of the overall opening to give it a little extra strength for the internal patch.

I posted about a repair i did on a MTB tyre that had a sidewall tear . I used shaved rubber from an old tyre mixed that into the super glue and forced it into the tear , i then also put a motor vehicle tube patch on the inside . This was a brand new tyre and it happened on its first ride . The tear never opened , lost air ( i ride tubeless ) and i got 5000 km out of that tyre .