[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

1 minute ago, bleedToWin said:

What is your index?
How low is low enough?

Mine is not great at the moment, around 12. 

Probably need some top 10's if want to ask for a promotion.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Mine is not great at the moment, around 12. 

Probably need some top 10's if want to ask for a promotion.

Historically single digit index is $, but you might not make the cut with a 9 every year. I know of guys with index below 6 that's also seeded in &.

By definition the system is predicting a 2h48 race time for them and barely a sub-3 for you. You are not the slowest seeded rider in & either...

1 minute ago, mikkelz said:

Plus you don't need water bottles (lighter) – just keep your mouth open to drink.

and depending on where you are on the route there is even varying amounts of protein (and other stuff) getting sprayed up off the wheels infront of you. So no need to worry about nutrition. :)

Does anyone remember all the OMO bubbles on peoples bibs ?

6 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Historically single digit index is $, but you might not make the cut with a 9 every year. I know of guys with index below 6 that's also seeded in &.

By definition the system is predicting a 2h48 race time for them and barely a sub-3 for you. You are not the slowest seeded rider in & either...

I think (yes think) they put only sub 5 index in $... that said, sub vets races in the $ group, that is their racing group. So if you hold a sub vet racing lic you should be (in my opinion) allowed to race there. If only 3 Sub vets has a seeding of below 5 then who will they race against if no-one else is allowed in!

Anyway... being a ballie I don't have these problems anymore so I am in @ 😁

Just now, The Ouzo said:

and depending on where you are on the route there is even varying amounts of protein (and other stuff) getting sprayed up off the wheels infront of you. So no need to worry about nutrition. :)

Does anyone remember all the OMO bubbles on peoples bibs ?

How I didn't have a stomach bug the week after is a miracle! 🤮

2 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

I think (yes think) they put only sub 5 index in $... that said, sub vets races in the $ group, that is their racing group. So if you hold a sub vet racing lic you should be (in my opinion) allowed to race there. If only 3 Sub vets has a seeding of below 5 then who will they race against if no-one else is allowed in!

Anyway... being a ballie I don't have these problems anymore so I am in @ 😁

Has there been a race in the past 6 months where the winner received an index under 5?

3 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Has there been a race in the past 6 months where the winner received an index under 5?

I got 2.78 for Boland Gravel Monster which seems to count. But road races I only have 6.6 for Winelands which seems to be my best one for pure Road and 6.78 for Westcoast Express.

7th at Durbie dash gave me 5,63

11th at West coast express 10,24

> both finishing in the bunch minutes behind the breakaway.

17th at PPA #1 (I did the leadout and cruised up the finish climb, still didn't finish far off the winning time) gave me 8,46

Not mentioning 99er since it looks nobody got a good index from it after A smashed $'s time 🤣

Surely the guys in the break got good seedings too, but tbh I don't see how Racetec found 100 guys who deserve a $ number more than I do.

Edited by Jbr

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

17th at PPA #1 (I did the leadout and cruised up the finish climb, still didn't finish far off the winning time) gave me 8,46

Surely the guys in the break got good seedings too, but tbh I don't see how Racetec found 100 guys who deserve a $ number more than I do.

It is because you are French. The end

11 minutes ago, Jbr said:

17th at PPA #1 (I did the leadout and cruised up the finish climb) gave me 8,46

They should take all your top10s at Killarney into account aswell. LOL

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Killarney world champs vs Cape Town world champs 🤣

Genuine qu though, because you basically reside in SA now, Do you get a general entry or still have to pay for an international entry?

So I got a response back from the PPA saying the 2023 99er was used for my seeding. I personally think they’re bullshitting because last year i had an index of 40 and i was 1C. This year my index is still 40 and I’ve been pushed down to 1F. Also have a buddy of mine that has also has an index of 40 after the 99er but hes placed in 2D which clearly means the race wasn’t used. 

Anyways, probably best to just query it at the expo.