[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/22/2022 at 6:22 PM, The Ouzo said:

moaning about entry fees will come up every year, moaning about people moaning about entry fees will also come up every year. 

brace yourself, because next on the list, in no particular order is

* the goodie bag

* the expo 

* the weather

@The Ouzo This was an impressively precise prediction 🙂

You could possibly add:

• the seeding
  • 2:6x jokes

2 hours ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Don't worry, those entries are also R955. Scummy

Ja flip I just forked out R2k+ for a tandem entry (incl new Racetec chip).

Only hit me afterwards how much the price went up.

Anyways, looking forward to an easy Sunday tandem cruise around the peninsula without traffic.. just for that it's still worth it for me.

3 hours ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Don't worry, those entries are also R955. Scummy

In fairness though, okay, that is not the Hub way .... but being fair, The ORIGINAL list prices indicated the R955 as a LATE ENTRY price. 

We have sent out all seeded rider's information. If you have entered a race in the next two weeks (ride for sight or the Tour de PPA) or have entered the 42km, your seeding will be sent to you in the coming weeks. We do understand the excitement with regards to receiving your start times and the anticipation in needing to find out where you are seeded, but seeding is completed in batches to ensure everyone is seeded accurately.

In case it hasn't been posted (but probably has and I am too lazy to look back), this is the email response I got re: not receiving a CT Cycle Tour seeding yet. ☝️

19 hours ago, mikkelz said:

In case it hasn't been posted (but probably has and I am too lazy to look back), this is the email response I got re: not receiving a CT Cycle Tour seeding yet. ☝️

Anyone in the above category received a seeding mail yet?

I did ride for sight this weekend and got a WhatsApp this morning from an eagle eyed hubber that saw a seeding on my racetec profile. 
I am wondering if that seeding is accurate or if the official seeding in the email will be different?

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Anyone in the above category received a seeding mail yet?

I did ride for sight this weekend and got a WhatsApp this morning from an eagle eyed hubber that saw a seeding on my racetec profile. 
I am wondering if that seeding is accurate or if the official seeding in the email will be different?

🦅

I never received an email with my start batch. And as for my seeding ,how I got put in H1 with a index of 46 taken from my last race - ride jhb 2021 is anybody’s guess.

Reading through this thread and seeing others index and start groups makes me wonder how we get seeded....eeny,meeny,miny,moe . Think I was eeny 🙃

So bummed it won’t happen now 😢 was so looking forward to it.

Nice, just had a look at my PPA seeding and went from G to F after today's Tour de PPA – it was a fast one!

Looking forward to seeing what my CTCT start group and time are! 🤞

That's got to be the fastest seeding release I've ever seen!

I finished 8s behind the race winner today and got a 4.6 index, which I think is decent, but just confirms what we've been saying about the supposed sub-2 index needed to qualify for $ at CTCT - it's not achievable.

I'll give the organisers credit though, they've been going case by case and have allocated spots for myself and @Jbrand some other riders that have proven themselves to be on a $ level. It's fixing a problem that shouldn't have existed, but at least it's being addressed.

8 seconds gives 4.6

I finished 32 mins behind the winner today and got 26 seeding. #peakmamil

I would have been able to wheelsuck my way to better if C hadn't taken it so easy in the last 40 mins. 

On 2/17/2023 at 4:12 PM, 'Dale said:

Please sign the petition to have @Jbrseeded in the $ group here:

_________________________. 

Undersigned by BikeHubMedia

Image-13.png

3,452,871 signatures have been received and the petition have been submitted to the Cycle Tour Trust. We are delighted to report that @Jbr have been included in the $ category.

The power of social media - merci beaucoup!

7 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

3,452,871 signatures have been received and the petition have been submitted to the Cycle Tour Trust. We are delighted to report that @Jbr have been included in the $ category.

The power of social media - merci beaucoup!

Thanks dale I owe you one 🫶

22 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

2 weeks to go and the tail wind to the finish is still predicted

88A27EF1-763A-4E94-9FDF-FE88A0BAD4C0.png

Yoh. Gutter fest to get to the base of Smits!