Tour de France 2024

'Dale

3 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

He threw the empty bidon into the open drivers window of a different team car (Intermarchè Wanty), he could have given it to his own team car where he got the full bidon or held onto it for a minute or 2 until he had a chance to hand it back decently, but no he pulled out a I’m a box move. 

Sure it’s not quite deplorable, but it definetly not being lekker….

IM are sending it off to get analysed in a lab, to see what he was drinking.. he basically said, you think I’m doping? Here’s me bottle mate. 😂😂😂

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SwissVan said:

With those hairs sticking out of the top of his helmet……Horned viper 🐍 

The Viper..👌

Just now, betaboy said:

IM are sending it off to get analysed in a lab, to see what he was drinking.. he basically said, you think I’m doping? Here’s me bottle mate. 😂😂😂

apparently after the stage, the team DS returned the bottle "Tadej, you dropped this. Thought you might like it back......" cropped the mike and walked off to collect Girmay's Green Jersey again

9 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

the Interwanty DS wasn't offended after the stage. Probably fluked like a sailor at the moment, which will make great UnChained Season 3 dialogue

Don’t try inflate my opinion of pogi

Edited by SwissVan

45 minutes ago, RobynE said:

New to watching TdF. 

Why do people not like Pogi? Honest question. 

I can guess a few possible reasons:

Perennial winners are often not liked, in a number of sports, because it makes the outcome more predictable.

The way someone does something, eg. Team Sky were known for riding as a team up the mountains, dropping everyone along the way; a very boring way of riding, but it was successful for them. Perhaps it’s the way Pogačar attacks and make it look beyond realistic.

Not sure if he comes across as arrogant; not the bully type arrogance, like LA did, but like he only has to start to be sure of winning.

But I guess it would be easier if the person actually said why they dislike him, then we wouldn’t have to guess.

Edited by Frosty

I’m not sure that tossing a bottle into a competing team’s car would make me despise someone 🫤 I’ve watched so many videos and he seems like a really strong and talented sportsman.

I mean I’d understand if someone knew him personally and despised him.

To me it’s like saying I don’t like the Springboks because they won the WC, or, “someone else should get a chance”. Not a great analogy after last week LOL, but still. 

Assuming of course that Pog isn’t doping, but if he is, surely controls need to be better in the sport in general. 

How long until Pog "attacks" (Z3 instead of Z2) and puts minutes into everyone on today's stage? 🤔😜

7 minutes ago, RobynE said:

I’m not sure that tossing a bottle into a competing team’s car would make me despise someone 🫤 I’ve watched so many videos and he seems like a really strong and talented sportsman.

To me it’s like saying I don’t like the Springboks because they won the WC, or, “someone else should get a chance”. Not a great analogy after last week LOL, but still. 

Assuming of course that Pog isn’t doping, but if he is, surely controls need to be better in the sport in general. 

the message in the bottle was just an SOS for Vingegaard before the Sting by the Police..... tsk tsk snigger snigger

People have their hero's and antihero's. Reasons for liking and disliking either way are seldom rational since very few us know these athletes personally. So when someone dislikes an athlete I just chalk it up to diversity

5 minutes ago, RobynE said:

You and @frosty have nailed it one the head, those who have expressed dislike for him should provide some context , failing that it’s purely anecdotal or plain old sour grapes because their favorite is on the losing side. 

I for example am not a fan of Christiano Ronaldo, his sporting exploits aside he has shown himself to be an arrogant egotist on more than one occasion. 

8 minutes ago, RobynE said:

tossing a bottle into a competing team’s car

I saw the humour in it, when I saw it on IG. Nothing sinister there, but just someone who likes to show he’s enjoying his time as a pro.

2 minutes ago, mikkelz said:

How long until Pog "attacks" (Z3 instead of Z2) and puts minutes into everyone on today's stage? 🤔😜

when Soler drop outs of the breakaway

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

The Viper..👌

Viper is good. Wikipedia says "The Tornado" is one of his nicknames, also decent. He was like shark yesterday afternoon, just weaving along and picking people off. But I think Nibali has dibs on The Shark.

17 minutes ago, NickGM said:

Viper is good. Wikipedia says "The Tornado" is one of his nicknames, also decent. He was like shark yesterday afternoon, just weaving along and picking people off. But I think Nibali has dibs on The Shark.

I would think Tommeke has dibs on Tornado (Tom).