Tour de France 2024

'Dale

40 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

The thing is, rim brakes failed/had issues too. 

These guys push their bikes to the limits and hundreds of them are/have descended thousands and thousands of big mountain passes successfully. Sometimes unsuccessfully.

Speeds are getting faster, times are getting quicker and pretty much the whole pro peleton is riding disc brakes successfully.

I'll go back to it over and over, if they sucked, people who only care about winning wouldn't use them

Agreed. When I ride road and there is rain, I choose my HT over the rim brake roadie. Wet weather braking with disc brakes is extremely good. However I cant say I have issues with rim blocks. If you have the right type, compound, etc then they are very good. 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, tinmug said:

Any way to watch TdF without Supersport? GCN+ doesn't seem to list it (for SA).

You need a VPN for that.

28 minutes ago, dexterdent said:

Hopefully Pogacar riding away from them :)

Hopefully not .... 🤪

I still think JV is making a big mistake not to include Roglic.

34 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Hopefully not .... 🤪

I still think JV is making a big mistake not to include Roglic.

Whose place would he take? After winning Giro, don't think PR would be in position to go for GC here, so superdom from the start?

I'd be more concerned about how Kuss has recovered. Wilco and Laporte is the mountain squad? got oomen, special K, gesink and  dennis doing other stuff.

7 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Whose place would he take? After winning Giro, don't think PR would be in position to go for GC here, so superdom from the start?

I'd be more concerned about how Kuss has recovered. Wilco and Laporte is the mountain squad? got oomen, special K, gesink and  dennis doing other stuff.

I think Seppie will be just fine, he didn't "kill" himself for Primoz in the Giro at any stage.

Not sure in whos place PR can go but I dont think there is anyone else in the squad that can tag team Pogacar like Primoz and Jonas did last year .... 🤷‍♂️.

15 hours ago, Baron said:

Live stream at https://tiz-cycling-live.io/manual.php or you can check the stage later in the evening at https://tiz-cycling.io/main/. just scroll down to the day stage. Some time there is an option you can choose to watch only the last 10km or the whole race. 

I like Tiz because despite subscribing to GCN plus, I can't watch the TDF thanks to the Supersport monopoly.

We have just started watching the Netflix TDF soapie and its great. 

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

List of National champs lining up for the Tour:
image.png.da4fc8f4469dee888eebce92a3b34987.png

2 guys both road and TT champions for their country ... 👌

25 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

can imagine Ineos Grenadiers trying to work out how to tell their boss they won't be winning it this year.

Have they announced their team yet?