Install new saddle after bike fit

Vish999

50 minutes ago, LBKloppers said:

If I may add my two cents.

To get the right angles, I believe the saddle position is determined by your knee position when your crank is in the horizontal. If you drop a line from your knee down to the pedal, the line must just touch or pull slightly forward on the axle of the pedal. Also combine this with the saddle height as moving the saddle forward or even backwards, will impact the reach. 

yep all of this stuff etc - get it professionally done. even though this was all sorted it wasnt the correct fit for me . I cant stress how much difference that fit made as the pelvis was over rotated so i was completely wrong even though the heights etc were correct and fore aft. Q factors etc - all hugely impactful and very individual. It was the difference between being in pain after 3 hours which i assumed was standard for old fat guys and being fresh and comfortable after 3 hours which is what i got for about R 2k.

You dont try and set your cars wheel alignment with a plumb line after buying new tyres do you - although it can be done. Get it professionally done. 

When i did a bike fit they gave me 3 x test saddles, rode around a week or so, found out which one worked. To be honest, it worked from the get go, its not about 'getting used' to a saddle, it must feel comfy from day 1. Also, they did a proper sit bones measure and so on. I ended up with the Spez Phenom, my but did not enjoy the power saddle. Played around for 2 x weeks with regards to small tilts, up, down, until i felt 100%.

2 hours ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

go back to the fit dude or get one like Richard that does the pressure assessment using the gel seat cover - honestly made the world of difference to me. I thought i knew a lot about fit after 20 years but tech makes a huge difference and it showed the pressure points on my pelvis which was completely wrong even though height and distance to stem were all right. I published a long string about this. Its money well spent as the chance os you getting it like they can are slim, as you dont have the insights they do. FWIW my FTP increased something like 10% immediately.

Agreed. Richard did my fit :)

Amateur hack - measure where the old saddle was 80mm wide and place the new saddle in exactly the same place where it is 80mm wide.

Pro hack - take is back to your fitter and get them to do it.

Any decent fitter should offer a follow up - ask them to fit the new saddle during the follow up.

• 5 months later...

Is there anyone riding on a Prologo Scratch-M5 PAS Tirox?

Please share how you find it?  Will it be a good choice on a XC/Marathon MTB?

18 hours ago, TheoG said:

Is there anyone riding on a Prologo Scratch-M5 PAS Tirox?

Please share how you find it?  Will it be a good choice on a XC/Marathon MTB?

Just sent you a WhatsApp.

It took me a while to get used to my power saddle. But there is no other option for me now. From 1 to 15 hours on it I have no issues. Very comfy.

Choosing the Right Saddle is a bit like Playing Roulette. You End up with a Box Full Before You Find the Right One.

Extra Long and Wide is what I Like.