2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, eala said:

My fitness and weight is way off than previous years .I know i am going to suffer ,it is a question of how bad will the cramps be in the last 30km .In the past i have tried different ways not to cramp .Going slow at the start makes zero difference to me .I might as well just ride until i drop 

I used to experience cramps in those final 20kms, then discovered CrampEase tablets. Popped one regularly during the event, never had issues again. 

Screenshot_2022-11-16-16-52-22-643-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, Vetplant said:

I used to experience cramps in those final 20kms, then discovered CrampEase tablets. Popped one regularly during the event, never had issues again. 

Screenshot_2022-11-16-16-52-22-643-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

I stopped using those because I would get really bad infections on any wounds I picked up, stopped using them and the infections stopped as well

I missed the late entries this week, is there a chance of getting an entry maybe at the expo which starts today ?I decided very late to partake in the race!

14 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

I've got a steady stream of salt water running down my head, all I need to do is open my mount and ingest it. :)

You and me both, I'm a salt factory during any kind of exercise ... 🤪😂

So I see now that you should have your number board "verified" at the expo? I'm traveling and having a colleague pick up my race pack, can't get my number board to him. Using the same one as last year. 

Sounds more like an excuse to get more feet through the Expo.

17 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Lets wait for feedback about the expo and lack of Goodie bags or quality of it if there is going to be any.

Going through this morning. Feedback on the horizon..

46 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

So I see now that you should have your number board "verified" at the expo? I'm traveling and having a colleague pick up my race pack, can't get my number board to him. Using the same one as last year. 

Sounds more like an excuse to get more feet through the Expo.

That's my view as well - don't see why we need to scan our boards, especially if we used it recently and know that it is working

Having the board verified is optional

All the new riders get to the Expo without a board and surely no compulsory board needed to be at the Expo for them ...

Their rules are outdated:

A number of references made to covid-19, masks, batch sizes reduced due to covid, etc.

The double lap refers to the limit of participants in the event.

The number board issue is standard at that other big event in the WP.