2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

7 minutes ago, Jase619 said:

It goes on Racetec, so while it may not show as an "official" seeding event, it still will count towards seeding.

Okay cool. But I think I am going to skip it. I see you can only pick up your number at CL Fourways or Bedworth Park which borders the Free State!!! Why make it so difficult!?

image.png.26828426264f37ca46a14bace7f49549.png

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Jase619 said:

And a leka race at that! Always one to look forward too.

not like it used to be. It used to be flat and fast and point to point, it was awesome. The new route, not so much.

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

Did anyone manage to find some photos?  I know for a fact I was snapped a number of times and had the number stuck where they wanted it, and yet the site find zero results .... ☹️🙈

It was my first road race ever and would like to have some nice picthas 🤪

I first need to find my result ...  Then I'll worry about photos ...

Numerous queries sent via different platforms, including the results query page , no response ...  And yes, timing board was fitted, and "worked" at Registration.

Just now, agilwolf said:

I first need to find my result ...  Then I'll worry about photos ...

Numerous queries sent via different platforms, including the results query page , no response ...  And yes, timing board was fitted, and "worked" at Registration.

That's just sad, going through all the effort and then there's no official result .... 🙈.

Hopefully it will be rectified soon ....

Hi,

seeding was the biggest bugger up of all , needed 3 e-mails to move from a J to a C, last year I rode VG ?

what about the results ?

open seeded mixed with charity and company WTF.....

you where probably beaten by a guy on an E-bike in your group with a normal riding number that the organizers don't even know who he/she is.

where are all the e-bikes riders zooming past up hill , not racing in their own group , mixed up everywhere , there was a lady in our C group , I asked her how she got in C , she replied: because of my good times ( on an E-bike ) not the same  sorry she would have been 1/2 hour slower without battery assistance.

hope they will go back to Racetec next year to safe face.

Trek2300

3 minutes ago, TheoG said:

That's just sad, going through all the effort and then there's no official result .... 🙈.

Hopefully it will be rectified soon ....

I still have 1 race from circa 2000 / 2001 where they had a different timing company, I have the photos, I have the medal, but there is no other record of it. I should get my lazy butt in gear, put all the evidence together and query it.

54 minutes ago, eugenenyawo said:

Virgin Active 947 Ride Joburg (BL)

Nice vid. Thanks

Big kuddo's to the guy with one leg (about 3.45 mins in)

What happened to the last few kays?

18 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Nowadays with less events timed on Racetec they are fairly open to upgrading your CTCT seeding if you can provide proof of a good result - have seen a few mates talk themselves into the sharp end of the field. Your "unofficial" 94.7 time will surely do the trick. 😉

Could be Rudi Joubert from Secunda finished time 3.41.

Bionic ysterman. Respect for his vasbyt.

4 hours ago, TheoG said:

Thanks @Frosty, it found one photo just now, will wait a bit and try again.

If you didn’t have your number sticker on your helmet or bars, then there’s a trick to finding photo… you need to find the estimated time you passed each photographer.

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

If you didn’t have your number sticker on your helmet or bars, then there’s a trick to finding photo… you need to find the estimated time you passed each photographer.

I had my number on helmet & handlebar, it found 2 photos so far by the same photographer.  Will just keep checking to see if more pops up.

Its going to be very tricky to figure out what time I went past the various photo stations.  The one I thought would be easy to find is in the starting shoot before the race, tried according to approximate time but nothing ...

3 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I had my number on helmet & handlebar, it found 2 photos so far by the same photographer.  Will just keep checking to see if more pops up.

Its going to be very tricky to figure out what time I went past the various photo stations.  The one I thought would be easy to find is in the starting shoot before the race, tried according to approximate time but nothing ...

If you click on your name on the results page, it opens another block with times you passed certain points in the race. Use that to calculate

38 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I’ve had lots of practice over the years, so know how to use Strava/Garmin Connect together with their system.

Didn't even bother with the photo stickers...the photos from last year were crap. I cant see this year being any better. They were those sh!t paper based jobs that leave tons of stick behind when you try remove them.

Meh

*&#$ing tuesday

8 minutes ago, 117 said:

Didn't even bother with the photo stickers...the photos from last year were crap. I cant see this year being any better. They were those sh!t paper based jobs that leave tons of stick behind when you try remove them.

Meh

*&#$ing tuesday

I'm looking at the sample pics of me online, the biggest thing for me that I'm noticing is that for the first time in nearly 20 years there is no boep. 

I think I'm going to buy at least 1 of those pics as a motivator to keep up with my off bike exercise work