MyWhoosh - free to use

28 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

The Garmin connection is news to me, last I heard this wasn't an option.

VERY strange actually.

Last month I contacted MyWhoosh and they said that synching to GarminConnect is NOT in their immediate plans.

I most certainly will re-install MyWhoosh another try, testing the GarminConnect sync.

Based on other posts in this thread I will also try to lower the graphics settings, I had it on "auto" ... took a few minutes of buffering before the system settled down.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Don't take my word as gospel, it might also just be my watch that's sending the data to Garmin Connect, if that makes sense.

All I know, my ride info is on both Garmin Connect and Strava.

Ps. MMMmmmmmm, it might be because I recorded the ride on my Instinct also....... So tha't probably it. 🤔

most likely the latter!

34 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

VERY strange actually.

Last month I contacted MyWhoosh and they said that synching to GarminConnect is NOT in their immediate plans.

I most certainly will re-install MyWhoosh another try, testing the GarminConnect sync.

Based on other posts in this thread I will also try to lower the graphics settings, I had it on "auto" ... took a few minutes of buffering before the system settled down.

There is no garmin sync on MW, only Trainingpeaks and Strava

Just dual record with your garmin on indoor workout mode.  Life is much easier.

I use MW, IndieVelo and Zwift and always record the ride with my garmin head unit.  Firstly should the software crash, I have all the data on my garmin.  Secondly, garmin data for Discovery points.

MW, IndieVelo and Zwift data is saved but I do not sync it to TP, then I don't have delete double recording. 

The only sync I have is with TP set up to pull in structured workouts of the day to MW, IndiVelo and Zwift

Edited by shaper

50 minutes ago, shaper said:

There is no garmin sync on MW, only Trainingpeaks and Strava

Just dual record with your garmin on indoor workout mode.  Life is much easier.

I use MW, IndieVelo and Zwift and always record the ride with my garmin head unit.  Firstly should the software crash, I have all the data on my garmin.  Secondly, garmin data for Discovery points.

MW, IndieVelo and Zwift data is saved but I do not sync it to TP, then I don't have delete double recording. 

The only sync I have is with TP set up to pull in structured workouts of the day to MW, IndiVelo and Zwift

Jip, thats what I did last time.

It did result in issues with accuracy of distances ....

50 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Jip, thats what I did last time.

It did result in issues with accuracy of distances ....

Lol... does it really make a difference, none of these software apps are accurate with regard to distance. All that really matters with indoor riding is doing the required time at required power

Just now, shaper said:

Lol... does it really make a difference, none of these software apps are accurate with regard to distance. All that really matters with indoor riding is doing the required time at required power

Point taken

I can’t get mywhoosh to run on my pc 😭

I keep getting the ‘the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000…7b) error. 

I’m running windows 11 with 16gb of RAM and a GeForce RTX3050 Laptop GPU. 

I’ve re-installed directX, uninstalled and re installed c++ apps. Anyone encountered something similar? TIA

11 hours ago, MarcoDeS said:

I can’t get mywhoosh to run on my pc 😭

I keep getting the ‘the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000…7b) error. 

I’m running windows 11 with 16gb of RAM and a GeForce RTX3050 Laptop GPU. 

I’ve re-installed directX, uninstalled and re installed c++ apps. Anyone encountered something similar? TIA

Have you tried My whooshGO, it is much easier on resources, I don't even have sucha power full graphics card and mine works like a dream.

1 hour ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Have you tried My whooshGO, it is much easier on resources, I don't even have sucha power full graphics card and mine works like a dream.

I must give this a try ....

MywhooshGO does not have any "spectators" jumping around and rendering of graphics happen as you go, if you don't mind this, it works well.

4 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

MywhooshGO does not have any "spectators" jumping around and rendering of graphics happen as you go, if you don't mind this, it works well.

Not worried about the spectators ...

As for the graphics .... On the standard MyWhoosh my computer takes a minute or two to figure out the optimal rendering, then the ride settles into an okay graphics without any buffering ... but until then it really is less than optimal ....  Would like to find a setting to bypass that horrible start.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good day Fellow MW users, who would be interested in a Community ride, maybe New York at around 6PM one evening? We could make a channel on discord as well.

Anyone been able to pair their Garmin HRM to MyWhoosh?

My Instinct2 does not pair, and MyWhoosh technical support told me that it's not compatible. 

I then tried my HRM straps to see if any of them pairs, but with no success. According to the support website, Garmin HRM straps are compatible. Am I missing something here?

1 hour ago, Wannabe said:

My Instinct2 does not pair, and MyWhoosh technical support told me that it's not compatible. 

I then tried my HRM straps to see if any of them pairs, but with no success. According to the support website, Garmin HRM straps are compatible. Am I missing something here?

Mine works fine - ANT+ dongle in laptop and picks up the HRM first time. Haven't tried casting HR from my watch as it is not necessary. Dalk is dit daai OPPO foon van jou wat nie ANT+ doen nie?

My minor irritation currently is that mywhoosh does not pick up and use my Garmin cadence sensor as they apparently only support power&cadence from the trainer. So I have to live with what my trainer thinks my cadence is.

1 hour ago, Wannabe said:

What platform are you using? I am on Windows version and I have to use an ANT+ Dongle, I have a Garmin Dual HR strap and it pairs on both.