Western Cape Enduro 2023

MORNE

23 minutes ago, MORNE said:

What shoulder? 👀

Eks in soos Gin. Even if just for the light.

Good to hear. It's going to be a big day out for sure. Excitement level 10 already.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/30/2023 at 7:26 AM, MORNE said:

Edited the topic with new info for you lot. Also, there is a webpage now, or has been for a while….who knows, atleast we found it🤷🏻‍♂️

(Thank you to the organisers for doing a good job with events thus far, but you can 100% work on getting the word out a bit more, that will aid the goal of growing the class too imo) For now, we’ll help.😅

https://wcenduro.co.za/#enduroevents

Most of their comms and updates go out on their socials (Instagram/FB), thats where they announced the website when it launched as well.
@Robbie Stewart has an account he can custodian the copying of posts into the thread

I'm in for this one. Loving JH at the moment and my body seems almost able to cope with the long descents although my right hand still suffers from numbness by the end of a run. 

Long term the weather looks wettish up to Friday the 26th. I rode there on Saturday and it was damp leading to quite slithery conditions on the rocks so Iron Monkey will be tricky in parts if its wet. The rest was amazing, as was the wind assist down Armageddon.

18 minutes ago, Headshot said:

The rest was amazing, as was the wind assist down Armageddon.

Saturday was something else! That wind at times resembled e-bike turbo assist and at other times it wanted to kill you. Dropping into Monkey 1 was spicy as the wind was trying very hard to body slam me into the side of the mountain.

I don't mind the wet, but the wind must please back off on the day.

So the long term forecast for next weekend predicts gale force wind on Saturday and hard rain for Sunday morning. Yay.

Screenshot_2023-05-21-08-30-05-056_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

That rain is coming around thursday I think (by looking at the satellite pictures) 

if so…we should be fine, although it will 100% get everything nice and moist for the event…

The problem might be the cold front that is supposed to hit some time after the heavy rain on thursday/friday…

Hopefully we catch the gap…might even be sunny for a bit😅

But you definitely arent sneaking a quick mid week practise session  anything after wednesday though.

IMG_7675.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

there’s our gap…

At this stage it looks like we’ll catch the tail-end of a sunny Saturday and Sunday. Lets hope the rain stays away until monday as per the current weather prediction.  

IMG_7695.jpeg

Still good, in fact the prediction improved a bit with the monday weather coming a bit later. We should be ready to go for Sunday. My gut tells me though that upper Iron Monkey might get closed if it rains too much today. Lots of loose soil turn mudpits up there. Also, the upper contours get messy with heavy rain.

IMG_7703.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

21 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Still good, in fact the prediction improved a bit with the monday weather coming a bit later. We should be ready to go for Sunday. My gut tells me though that upper Iron Monkey might get closed if it rains too much today. Lots of loose soil turn mudpits up there. Also, the upper contours get messy with heavy rain.

IMG_7703.jpeg

Ja I'm honestly not keen on Monkey 5 if it's been turned to mush. Those rocks are lethal enough even when it's dry. But we ride what the day serves up.

On 5/25/2023 at 7:32 AM, Robbie Stewart said:

Ja I'm honestly not keen on Monkey 5 if it's been turned to mush. Those rocks are lethal enough even when it's dry. But we ride what the day serves up.

They have done some work on Monkey but that extra dirt between the rocks will go all over them when its ridden and they are quite tricky then, as you say.

I'm probably out with a nasty cold at the moment, but we shall see...