Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

image.png

Is Lourensford a playground for the wealthy or is it an untamed backwater? 🤷‍♂️ 

Should a foreign owned company be labelling a whole continent as untamed, especially considering that the private farms the route goes through are far from it?

Also, the untamed route has been shortened, which I support in these conditions, but goes against the untamed marketing message somewhat. This is Africa!

Don't get me started on the fees I have to lay down just for the privilege to ride the Lourensford trails, and I am like 5 mins away in Strand. Clearly their fees are catered for their neighbours.

But screw them. There is more than enough other trails around to keep me entertained. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, OVERDRIVE said:

Too deep too early Nick! 🤣

I'm working on trying to let things go 😆

I needed a distraction from the heartbreaking sight of Amy riding that rim.

All over for SCR boys. They wont pull back time to take the lead (assuming Scott and Spez don't have mechanicals either). 

BUT, with Scott starting to lose time be sure that Matt and Chris will riding like crazy to win tomorrow. 

Exciting race.  

As for woman's race, such bad luck for Candice and Amy. Damn!  

1 minute ago, Nick said:

I'm working on trying to let things go 😆

I needed a distraction from the heartbreaking sight of Amy riding that rim.

I wish they would stop broadcasting that though. We get it, 20 min down, what do we need to still see...

Worst part for the SCR guys will be that they will know they weren't beaten by a stronger and faster team. Mechanicals cost them the win and 2nd Epic Victory. That weather is a equalizer. Wonder how the drop-out rate will look after today's stage.

35 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Its FIRE FIRE FIRE today. 

For a change, am home and have started it from the get. 

Shame for Amy, amd SCR. 

@J Wakefield can only fix at tach zone? If someone wwere to head to them and stop them on the side to repair, illegal?

Only in tech zone or by themselves on course unless you have a back up team etc riding. 

1 minute ago, Lexx said:

Worst part for the SCR guys will be that they will know they weren't beaten by a stronger and faster team. Mechanicals cost them the win and 2nd Epic Victory. That weather is a equalizer. Wonder how the drop-out rate will look after today's stage.

You've said it. Some will say a bit more strategy would have heled, but I don't believe in that. Be yourself, if its not meant to be it wont. 

BTW, the bad news for the rear of the field is that there is heavier rain predicted for later this afternoon. The North Wester is still pumping here and I can see some heavier clouds rolling over the Helderberg mountain.

1 minute ago, Lexx said:

Worst part for the SCR guys will be that they will know they weren't beaten by a stronger and faster team. Mechanicals cost them the win and 2nd Epic Victory. That weather is an equalizer. Wonder how the drop-out rate will look after today's stage.

Worst part for Spez guys will be that they know they weren’t beat by a stronger and faster team. Cramping cost them the win. 

Just now, OVERDRIVE said:

You've said it. Some will say a bit more strategy would have heled, but I don't believe in that. Be yourself, if its not meant to be it wont. 

Absolutely. They destroyed the field yesterday. And I imagine, they would've done that again today. 

Just now, dev null said:

BTW, the bad news for the rear of the field is that there is heavier rain predicted for later this afternoon. The North Wester is still pumping here and I can see some heavier clouds rolling over the Helderberg mountain.

Shocked GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.....

Advantage of the adverse weather: high drama in the race

Negative: we don't get to see it