Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

nonsense, that's exactly what we do here, especially on fridays !

Not just Fridays, that’s the very foundation  of what we do!!! Speculation is a core competency!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Not just Fridays, that’s the very foundation  of what we do!!! Speculation is a core competency!!

we are all ex-spurts here

To my mind though many of those 'speculating' her do so purporting it to be fact .... in their minds at least 😜

16 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Groenland berg won't be muddy. the surface is sandy and there are lots of drainage ruts.It will be more solid with some large puddles but nothing these guys can't handle. The bigger issue is going to be the added surface drag on the climbs. Weakening legs will feel it early on

I rode Groenland berg in 2019 Epic in the rain .Riding up was slippery and you kinda lose every third pedal stroke .Downhill is fun and fast .If you hesitate disaster looms ,if you trust your abilities and gun it down its awesome 

7 hours ago, DJuice said:

On the highlights last night it looked like like @Kylie is riding a Factor?

a Long term review and what is needed to complete the Epic coming?

All the best with the last days.

Doing great!!!

Thanks so much! My word it is tough. Not an easy ride- that is for sure ;)  But an incredible experience! Fingers crossed the last two days go smoothly.

4 hours ago, TheoG said:

I didn't see anyone asking yet, are you perhaps related to Amy?

Amy is his skoonsus (another pearler of an assumption) 🤫

4 minutes ago, nathrix said:

Amy is his skoonsus (another pearler of an assumption) 🤫

An assumption till he bares witness to the fact despite many knowing this fact 

I agree the commentary is boring. Safricans don't generally make good commentators.

I'd love to have Bart and Claudio (when Bart eventually hangs up his hydration pack - anyone get that? Harkens back to Neil Gardiner droning on about those a few years back)😁.

I reckon Bart n Claudio would tire us all out with their enthusiasm. I wish all commentators (F1 and Noto GP) were as unbiased .. 

I also hate the fact that all the action today happened before live commentary....maybe the weather but to cross so far in sucks ...

3 minutes ago, love2fly said:

I agree the commentary is boring. Safricans don't generally make good commentators.

I'd love to have Bart and Claudio (when Bart eventually hangs up his hydration pack - anyone get that? Harkens back to Neil Gardiner droning on about those a few years back)😁.

I reckon Bart n Claudio would tire us all out with their enthusiasm. I wish all commentators (F1 and Noto GP) were as unbiased .. 

I also hate the fact that all the action today happened before live commentary....maybe the weather but to cross so far in sucks ...

Annika keeps that team together, 

you’ve got Neil the rambler, facts don’t make a good story 

you’ve got Gerald monotone good story lost in too much facts

then you’ve got Annika the enunciater who leaves you literally hanging on every word… 

what’s not to love. They’re unique

The commentary is pretty good, to be fair. Go watch the British Olympics MTB feed if you want to set the bar on monotony. 😴

Neil rambles on and reiterates the same point several times over. I can imagine a producer somewhere slicing a hand across throat to get him to shut up for a little. But he does have good stats, in spite of the child-man-splaining. 

Annika is brilliant. Love her insights.

Gerald is pretty good. He knows the areas and trails and passes along a lot of useful info to those of us who haven't wines and whaled. 

Sure it would be fun to have some true nutcase (what was the name of that Portuguese rider a few years ago?) doing some commentary and saying some weird things but we really have little to complain about (and camera footage – heli and e-bikes – is very good for the terrain and available logistics). And they work pretty well as a team. 

Claudio only gets excited when Mr Min unexpectedly nails a sector to go green (granted, that's always entertaining, but it ain't gonna happen in marathon racing). 😅

Edited by tinmug

7 hours ago, mrcg said:

Pussy company racing is just unbelievable. Taking 2minutes out of N1NO at yesterday's TT and now another close to 2min is just jaw dropping. What racing. Even Matt and Chris have no answer at the moment. Hats off

Of course a team is only as good as the weakest rider, so think Andri is unfortunately that rider. Chris and Matt probably keeping it tactically clever without burning too many matches. Scott need to defend their yellow jersey's.

On the women's side, Vera and Kim going great guns. Candice and Amy not as strong today (seems Amy is struggling a bit) but riding clever. Specialized ladies falling off the cliff

Was waiting on who would say it first 🤣

7 hours ago, Lexx said:

Think Amy's arm is starting to hurt alot. That massive scar must be hurting with all the bumps on the single tracks.

Amy:

HAJA PIPOCA • Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)

6 hours ago, babse said:

yeah didnt think andri would survive

He still on the podium. Still my hero!

Really hope Nino, like Jordan and LeBron, is able to understand that not everyone is on that level. And the faliure for Andrei to ride like a beast consecutively is human, and for the mere mortal. Few riders save Egger and Baum can ride like that everyday. Def doing better than Lars, me thinks

2 hours ago, love2fly said:

I got that, I do his mtb team branding, hunch back of ultra harm...he is however, a machine at his age 

8 hours ago, TheoG said:

I didn't see anyone asking yet, are you perhaps related to Amy?

Third time the question have been raised in this thread.

John remains mute ....

Wakefield is Amy's married surname .... so maybe she is related by marriage ... ???  Not a blood relative.