Dealing with Garmin South Africa...

MudLark

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dasilvarsa said:

Probably has to be signed off by Management.

Ever Worked for a Multinational ?

First management would have a meeting to discuss the need to have a separate meeting about possibly signing off on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Garmin SA really is beyond belief. Eventually after testing my products (takes near on two weeks) they agree that they should be replaced. They tell me they have the products in stock and it'll take a day or two. So I pay and leave. Follow up three days later. The one is still on its way. The other is one is on back order and they have no idea when it will arrive. 

20 minutes ago, MudLark said:

Garmin SA really is beyond belief. Eventually after testing my products (takes near on two weeks) they agree that they should be replaced. They tell me they have the products in stock and it'll take a day or two. So I pay and leave. Follow up three days later. The one is still on its way. The other is one is on back order and they have no idea when it will arrive. 

Similar experience, make sure they send you what you have paid for!

Send me normal Fenix instead of Pro, took two months to sort it out.

From sending in unit to having the replacement unit was almost 4 months.

Sounds like I might be better of just buying new device. The battery on my 520 is on its way out (lasts 4-5 hours) and been thinking of sending it to Garmin SA assessment and (hopefully) discount on a newer version.

20 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Similar experience, make sure they send you what you have paid for!

Send me normal Fenix instead of Pro, took two months to sort it out.

From sending in unit to having the replacement unit was almost 4 months.

2 hours ago, Rudii said:

Sounds like I might be better of just buying new device. The battery on my 520 is on its way out (lasts 4-5 hours) and been thinking of sending it to Garmin SA assessment and (hopefully) discount on a newer version.

Exactly my line of thinking, also a 520 with a shortening battery life ....

Got a 530 just after Black Friday.  No way I would have gotten anywhere near that on a "Garmin trade in" deal .....

LESS than 50% of what the new 540 costs :eek:

Ooooo ... and the battery life on the 530 is LONG !!!! :clap:

• 2 months later...

Eish. So we still have to send units to JHB?

A button on my 18month old F7 got stuck, causing all sorts of issues.

I have a race coming up in 2 weeks, but also, I can't really use the watch is. We should have better options.

2 hours ago, Fisan said:

Eish. So we still have to send units to JHB?

A button on my 18month old F7 got stuck, causing all sorts of issues.

I have a race coming up in 2 weeks, but also, I can't really use the watch is. We should have better options.

Do not think will possible within 2 weeks.

After my F6 is kapoet, I’m done with Garmin, great product, no customer service. 

19 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I just specify the unit under my insurance and if / when it breaks I claim through them, why go through the hassle of dealing with a supplier :oops:

I have an Edge 540 and the wife's 530 on my insurance, it comes to R28/month for both and then it is insured against theft as well.

13 hours ago, DJuice said:

Do not think will possible within 2 weeks.

After my F6 is kapoet, I’m done with Garmin, great product, no customer service. 

Such a pity because the American forums keep raving about how good and efficient the customer service is.

• 1 month later...

Any light at the end of this tunnel?

My Garmin 530 seems to be giving me altimeter issues.

It's out of 30-40% end off with 350m for a 500m ride. 800 for 1200m ride. Elevation correction works but I'm sure I'll get gatvol soon...

What gives flog it in the classifieds with a disclaimer?

17 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Any light at the end of this tunnel?

My Garmin 530 seems to be giving me altimeter issues.

It's out of 30-40% end off with 350m for a 500m ride. 800 for 1200m ride. Elevation correction works but I'm sure I'll get gatvol soon...

What gives flog it in the classifieds with a disclaimer?

Once off issue, or a regular altitude issue ?

It is affected by bad weather.

Next ride in consistent weather it may be accurate again.

Sadly you know what the other option entails ... record the issue, compile these facts and submit the unit and these facts to Garmin SA .... aaaaannnnndddd .... pay in on the next unit ....

8 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Once off issue, or a regular altitude issue ?

It is affected by bad weather.

Next ride in consistent weather it may be accurate again.

Sadly you know what the other option entails ... record the issue, compile these facts and submit the unit and these facts to Garmin SA .... aaaaannnnndddd .... pay in on the next unit ....

Ya regular atleast for the last 2 weeks...

Did what most suggest online clearing (although not blocked) the holes at the back of the unit.

Ya i guess I'll have to go that route

Edited by Meezo