Bike Addict OK?

love2fly

Hi I'm looking at buying a cassette from Bike Addict but haven't ever dealt with them, how is their service? Am I going to receive my cassette within a few days/a week or am I better off buying local in JHB and spending more?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixed reviews here: 

I have ordered a few things from them. Its fine if you are not in a rush for something.
Its not a quick process, but if they have stock or can get stock, their prices are good.

Edited by splat

It's a mixed bag. Good prices but service level is extremely variable. They use an infuriating "quote" system, so they are not really an online store in the traditional sense.

Try to buy what you want, if they have the item in store the experience should be good. If they have to wait for stock rather go somewhere else.

They are quite well stocked and have a good selection.

33 minutes ago, eala said:

Cycle lab does price matching .I showed them the price online and i bought the item at that price 

I've had such good experiences with them recently. Orders are processed within a day and sent out with the courier immediately afterward. Usually receive my order within 3 days.

They have a lovely, huge and extremely well stocked shop in Malmesbury. When I'm that side I always pop in and pick up a few things so they are legit.

I've heard of issues with their online shop but I have had good correspondence with them on a bike I wanted. They went out of their way to help.

Cycle lab has also been good to me and I've also made use of that price match feature... although I am sure the usuals will be around soon telling you not to use it as you are taking bread out of the bike shop owners mouth.

Edited by Brawler

Lately, I have found the service to have improved and normally respond within 1 day to confirm availability. 

They will send you an invoice and once payment is made it takes 2-3 days to be delivered. They let you know when it is sent and provide tracking. 

Edited by ClintH

19 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Thanks for all the feedback. I've noticed the CL price matching, is it online only?

I initiated it online and collected what I wanted the next day in store.

1 hour ago, love2fly said:

Thanks for all the feedback. I've noticed the CL price matching, is it online only?

In store and online. As long as the price is from a South African store and they have it in stock, Cycle Lab will price match

On 6/15/2023 at 10:54 AM, eala said:

Cycle lab does price matching .I showed them the price online and i bought the item at that price 

Thank you for that, you saved me R240 on a BB! 

VERY much appreciated!

They not really an online store, plus they don’t offer courier options that I requested. So I’m my personal opinion, support your local bike shop and save the environment of excess packaging and paperwork.

Wouldn't bother with them, tried to buy an item, get confirmation that is available via the antiquated quote system of theirs, reply yes that I’ll take it, phone the store only to be told that they now don’t have it...   

Edited by IronTree