Bike Addict OK?

love2fly

Thanks for all the feedback. Spare BB sitting quietly in cupboard for one day...as are a few things such as an Eagle GX cassette and a few other parts my spouse shouldn't worry about.... 😁

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

Hi All

Anybody that bought from them recently? Any problems ?

I've bought in-store a few times recently and they're fine. They also warrantied an item not bought from them.

Same ol same ol with them. I bought 2 items from them recently, great prices but I had to drive the entire purchase cycle right from the start as they never stuck to their comms of getting back to me. I'm currently at a point where i enquired about a possible product defect on one of the items. They haven't got back to me since a month ago...

I like the pricing but I'd +1 to rather support your LBS if you're looking for a proper customer experience. 

usual story...yes it's in stock , now it isn't, waiting for supplier, coming today, nope coming tomorrow, yes shipping today, nope shipping tomorrow, waiting for supplier, coming tomorrow, on and on...

their prices are good and they do eventually supply, but it is the most medieval online shopping experience I have ever had to go through

I bought some Oakleys during black friday - quick and easy to use, even during the peak week I had my Oakleys delievered a few days later. 

Prices are good, but takes forever for them to come back to you.  I placed an order on Monday afternoon, and at the same time ordered crank arms from the UK.  The crank arms have already arrived in the country, duties has been paid and customs cleared.  Still haven't received an "official" quotation from them.  Had to phone twice to ask what the hold-up is.  Received an email yesterday saying one of the items is out of stock.  Immediately replied to send quote for the remainder and phoned as well.  Still waiting...

I finally gave up and ordered somewhere else.

they have the cheapest X0 10-50 cassettes, order went smooth, just their card payment solution is a bit *** and takes about a week to reflect their side, but I wasn't in a rush (cassette will probably only go on the bike before swartberg100), so happy with them, they saved me 1 or 2k

They’ve solely focused on price.. the rest is your problem, calls, e-snail mail and shipping options… 

The prices are sometimes better than elsewhere, but there is no stock, so no savings. In 2020 I wanted to order a Lezyne GPS, but I had to order and pay before knowing any further details (lead time). Eventually got it from Evobikes, as there was more transparency in the process. 

Chains, cassettes, tyres, tubes, etc., I’ll get locally, as well as anything else I might see on display at the time of paying, like lube, sealant, etc.

4 minutes ago, Dirkjknz said:

There service is good, but quick response and answers give them a call, 

Uhmmmm.... some might say that is a contradiction in terms ....

PS - I have been in-store a few times the last couple of months, even bought a couple of things.  Typically you have to walk to the counter and ask for assistance .... when you do get the right assistant it is a nice shopping experience.

PPS - they have one of the largest selections of helmets.  This is something I wont buy online, as I want to try it on first.  That said, after a LOT of searching, test fitting, checking specs, etc .... Specialized has some of the best and best priced helmets (ended my search there after some posts about this on Le Hub) :eek:

I've purchased from them recently. They are unfortunately a hassle. Manual quote, then took week to send out the parcel, only to tell me they "lost" one of my items in their backroom. Luckily refund was quick. But I had to phone daily to follow-up on my order.

I've purchased from Bike Addict quite a few times... and it's been okay (just okay).

I had to follow up by phone everytime to get the final invoice amount, they'd often leave stuff I ordered off the order if out of stock, without explaining anything, they just leave it off.

I've also had parts rock up in dribs and drabs, but overall if you're patient, and don't mind following up with them via phone calls, they're okay.

• 1 month later...

Not to impressed with ordering from bike-addict unfortunately.

First time bike-addict buyer, place an order and paid 10 days ago, on the 8th March.

quote reply: "Please note that some items need to be ordered from our suppliers and will take 3-5 working days from receipt of Proof Of Payment to arrive to us. (proof of payment sent on the 8th march)

Once items arrive we will the forward shipping details to you."

On the 12th I send an email requesting any updates on the order.

quote reply: "Hi We are still awaiting some items from our suppliers to completely fulfil your order"

I am suprised as no indication as to when it will be received or delivered etc, the 3-5 days is almost over.

Today 18th March I decide to follow up and ask for more clarity on my order and which items might be causing the delay etc

Quote reply: "I am awaiting the ......... items which are set to arrive tomorrow morning"

Well I am glad to hear my order should be arriving soon, but I didn`t expect this online order to take almost 2 weeks to receive. For a big online retailer I am a bit suprised by their lack of communication, maybe my order for R3880 was too small.