CIOVITA Launches new Luxurious Vale and Odyssey Merino Jackets

News bot

8 hours ago, LazyTrailRider said:

Maybe those Trans Baviaans riders were just tough guys, or cheapskates, or both?

The are plenty of hardcore riders with crappy gear out there who make me look like an idiot with my expensive kit.

I don’t care though. I’ll take the luxury, thanks.

You have expensive kit quality/luxury and crappy kit sold as expensive kit just because it is cycling and it should cost a left nut. 

What are the cheeper alternatives that riders are using? are there products in the market that perform just as well if not better than the more expensive options? 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

check out the Van Rysel range sold at Decathlon...amazing kit for the price.

unfortunately a lot of the Decathlon stuff is only available in Europe but quite a bit is trickling into the local Decathlon online shop...

20 hours ago, Barry said:

What part of sheep farming and wool production is environmentally friendly? Happy Friday 😆

Well, for a start, no sheep were KILLED in the making of the jacket, so there I-S that….😆

10 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Most notably in this thread a new cycling jacket causes immediate umbrage to be taken. 🤷‍♂️

I had to Google that.😆

46 minutes ago, Zebra said:

Well, for a start, no sheep were KILLED in the making of the jacket, so there I-S that….😆

Yep and bacon and eggs come from Spar😂🤣😂

4 minutes ago, Barry said:

Yep and bacon and eggs come from Spar😂🤣😂

so you need to kill a chicken in order to get the egg ?

Damn us city guys know nothing about farming, always though eggs were "pooped" out

6 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

so you need to kill a chicken in order to get the egg ?

Damn us city guys know nothing about farming, always though eggs were "pooped" out

Yep somthing like locking yourself in your car for 2 months and pooping on the back seat😂

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

Most notably in this thread a new cycling jacket causes immediate umbrage to be taken. 🤷‍♂️

Similar sentiments with the South Carbon and Pyga threads,
It seems that top quality, world class, South African products must also be cheap.

11 minutes ago, splat said:

Similar sentiments with the South Carbon and Pyga threads,
It seems that top quality, world class, South African products must also be cheap.

Made local with local materials no huge textile import tax as per other import brands so why not?. Versus Socks R120 local and R350 from Versus UK for same sock nothing wrong with that. 

11 minutes ago, Barry said:

Made local with local materials no huge textile import tax as per other import brands so why not?. Versus Socks R120 local and R350 from Versus UK for same sock nothing wrong with that. 

As far as I know locally sourced merino is processed overseas. Unfortunately. 

For those complaining about price, have a look at what high quality merino t shirts cost. The mind is boggled. Fortunately you only need one (apparently it doesn't stink - that's what I tell myself when I wear the same one 5 days in a row) 

1 hour ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:
1 hour ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

For those complaining about price, have a look at what high quality merino t shirts cost. The mind is boggled. Fortunately you only need one (apparently it doesn't stink - that's what I tell myself when I wear the same one 5 days in a row) 

image.gif.355ebbe65ba49f4f0b45c619e6d734ff.gif

Edited by letsride

3 minutes ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

The thread did not start with the price but seemed to move that direction. So if It processed overseas  would that not further impact the eco friendliness of the product?. 

1 minute ago, Barry said:

The thread did not start with the price but seemed to move that direction. So if It processed overseas  would that not further impact the eco friendliness of the product?. 

The term eco-friendly doesn't mean anything to me. Metrics are endless. I'd still rather have a more natural fibre that lasts a long time and was sourced from well-paid farmers if all other variables are the same. 

12 minutes ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

True story!