• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's the guy that drove the first few shuttles, and started shouting "Bonteheuwellll!!!" as he drove off and "STRAAAVAA" at the roadies? :D

Daniel Potgieter

Also, when he turned around the first time and came up behind a bunch of us. Revved, dropped the clutch and spun the wheels a bit. Hooted, then shouted "F******** CYCLISTS!!!"

Lekker oke, in all seriousness. 

Super Myles! Looks like you guys had a day of note. Jealous! 

We started off with a group of 8. Over the space of about 3 hours it swelled to 20, then back down to 18... LOL. If we'd had one more, it would have been tight. As it was, it required a constant shuttle. Something you can only really do at Paarl. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Daniel Potgieter

Also, when he turned around the first time and came up behind a bunch of us. Revved, dropped the clutch and spun the wheels a bit. Hooted, then shouted "F******** CYCLISTS!!!"

Lekker oke, in all seriousness. 

Ya he's crazy lol... I couldnt stop laughing. You put the guy's name and surname up :eek: just short his address and cell number :lol:

We started off with a group of 8. Over the space of about 3 hours it swelled to 20, then back down to 18... LOL. If we'd had one more, it would have been tight. As it was, it required a constant shuttle. Something you can only really do at Paarl. 

Just out of interest, are these trails accessible to general public?

​Permits? Routes?

I went straight into the hurt locker on the first ride on the back of my tandem. And stayed there for 2 hours. But I did get 9 PB's for the outing Kenilworth to Simon's Town.

Not sure I was expecting the first ride to be so hard. Not because a tandem is that hard to ride but we are accustomed to having an easy ride first up to check set-up.

Spartikus and I rode tandem from Kenilworth to Fish Hoek yesterday, was a little breezy to start, but then we turned right at Fish Hoek and headed for Chappies, and then back to Kenilworth via Camps Bay and town .. it was a wind friendly ride mostly. Coming up Chappies from Noordhoek side we saw a guy coming down from the lookout go straight into the wall on the first left hand bend, on hitting the wall he carried on over it, seemingly into the big blue beyond, then after a serious wtf moment we saw his head pop up on the other side and he then hopped over the wall again. Think his bike was trashed but several riders stopped to help him. That's a damn lucky guy for sure !!

On which drop - the one on C line just before that little table, or the one just before the wall ride?

Will look out for next time.

The one in the forest just before the table. Was chasing Karl a few months ago when he did it. Sort of hucked in front of the drop. Just missed the lip with his back wheel and nosed straight into the transition.

Much faster but if you get it wrong.....

I saw Pottie doing it at a provincial a number of years ago. Couldn't believe my eyes. Now all the fast boys are doing it

yup, easy to find, no permits needed. - edited - Permit needed for both A and C line.

Take your basic trail etiquette with and don't brake in tight corners, and you'll be fine.

Just out of interest, are these trails accessible to general public?
​Permits? Routes?

Edited by nox1111

yup, easy to find, no permits needed.

Take your basic trail etiquette with and don't brake in tight corners, and you'll be fine.

You're supposed to pay to ride there. It's R20

Cool. So did you guys all buy permits? Went riding late arvo and the not braking in corners etiquette was definitely left at the cars.

Good thing we cut the trails open Friday after work. Growth was getting into the line quite a bit.