Lets talk bar tape

The Ouzo

My bar tape has been on for a while, a long while actually. It's time for a refresh.

Currently have it double wrapped, but I dont really think I need it double wrapped.

What suggestions for decent tape under R500 ?

I was looking at tape the other day and its not hard to spend over 1000 on bar tape, I just done believe the marginal improvement over tape at half the price is worth it for my needs.

I immensely dislikes being ripped one by paying >R500 for tape, let alone R500!! 

Take the drive to Kempton (Clint's shop) and have a look.  Nice selection

Giant makes a decent quality at a decent price

Thanks, that Rapide tape looks good from the pics, would like to feel it though.

Brilliant price too.

Zipp Service Course CX Bar Tape is my favourite.

Use it on my gravel and road bikes as it's comfy and grippy. I get it from Evobikes when they have stock.

Edited by KingZA

I currently have Giant on my steel steed and it’s better than the previous versions I’ve had (Lizard and Fizik).

Not sure what’s one my other bike, but it’s quite nice too (but thin). Was fitted when I crashed-replaced my shifters by my LBS.

I must check, I still have the box somewhere, but pretty sure the tape on the bike now was Ryder. Been happy with it thus far.

I'm going for a follow up bike fit with Richard on monday, so will browse the selection they have in store.

I love refreshing my bar tape. Gives your bike a nice fresh look so I don’t mind spending a bit. Currently using supacaz hologram. It’s a bit bling but really pops in the light. 

I was recommended the SQLabs tape about 3 years back, and never looked back.

Not sure how long tape should last but that first roll still looks and feels brand new. Superb grip and comfort, and no other brand has come close in terms of wear