Shimano Crankset Recall

NickGM

7 hours ago, Mtree said:

Just want to point out this is already being discussed in these two threads...

People hate Shimano, they just making sure the word is out...🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 8:31 AM, DieselnDust said:

Coolheat will issue some Guidance  latest early next week. They have to follow the European office guidance 

Any news on this? Mate broke his Clavicle this morning as his crank snapped. His crank bore one of the codes for the recall, as does mine……

I’m sure there are plenty guys out there who would like to return their units. A broken collar bone is “the best case scenario” with these. Could have been lethal.

F711AF2E-6223-4202-BCFC-D26FB840931D.jpeg

Edited by bespokes

3 hours ago, bespokes said:

Any news on this? Mate broke his Clavicle this morning as his crank snapped. His crank bore one of the codes for the recall, as does mine……

I’m sure there are plenty guys out there who would like to return their units. A broken collar bone is “the best case scenario” with these. Could have been lethal.

Take it back to your lbs. No purchase slip required. That will get replaced but it might take some time and grab a bag of patience chips while you’re waiting. 
mines gone off to CH for further assessment as it might also have a crack in it. 
the lbs should have a full assessment procedure from CH on how to conduct the  evaluation. This is a once off opportunity so it a crank passes the evaluation and fails later you get nothing. The failed crank. Is a no brainier but yours should be checked now. There is a class action suet being prepared in the us apparently so this saga is going to run a long time . Get in before trouble hits and everything gets wrapped up while they fight a court case.

3 hours ago, bespokes said:

i wonder how difficult it would be to claim for injuries because of this 

4 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

i wonder how difficult it would be to claim for injuries because of this 

In our society - I reckon impossible. 

8 minutes ago, bespokes said:

In our society - I reckon impossible. 

With our courts, don’t even think about it because the decision follows the money