Slightly ruined Ciovita LS jersey

mecheng89

Good morning, Hubbers.

After taking my first tumble in quite some time yesterday, I realised I ruined a brank spanking new Ciovita long sleeve jersey.

Are these little tears repairable? This is on the elbow.

Tx!

image.jpeg

Reach out to Ciovita and see if they can help. I had something similar happen with a First Ascent product and they were able to repair it for me

I’ve had my sleeve replaced twice on my l/s jacket (red one), as well as some patchwork done, by Panda.

Not sure if Ciovita is manufactured locally, to be able to match the fabric and colour.

Let's hope the Ciovita crash replacement policy sorts you out 👍

Worth speaking to your broker about "wearable insurance".

Minimal fee for a R10k cover.

This covers from your helmet to your clothing, even watch.... to the value of the cover you choose.  Not just for falls, but even bike-jacking ....

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

I’ve had my sleeve replaced twice on my l/s jacket (red one), as well as some patchwork done, by Panda.

Not sure if Ciovita is manufactured locally, to be able to match the fabric and colour.

Manufactured in Salt River, and they'll probably be able to repair if you send it to them.

Otherwise 50% off a new jersey is better than a poke in the eye.

Good luck with Ciovita, I cannot even get them to honour an order placed and paid for, this after they have sent the wrong shirt to me.  So far just promises, and no luck in getting the correct shirt.  

4 minutes ago, Johan A Marais said:

Good luck with Ciovita, I cannot even get them to honour an order placed and paid for, this after they have sent the wrong shirt to me.  So far just promises, and no luck in getting the correct shirt.  

I assume you are referring to Ciovita's exchange process? I do agree it's less than ideal. Given their reputation as a direct-to-consumer brand, one would expect them to prioritize a more efficient system.

49 minutes ago, Johan A Marais said:

Took a good couple of weeks, but they swopped out my Corsa.

Maybe it will pick up speed when everybody is back at work 

1 hour ago, droo said:

Manufactured in Salt River, and they'll probably be able to repair if you send it to them.

Otherwise 50% off a new jersey is better than a poke in the eye.

I'll contact them and see what I can arrange.

1 hour ago, Dappere said:

I assume you are referring to Ciovita's exchange process? I do agree it's less than ideal. Given their reputation as a direct-to-consumer brand, one would expect them to prioritize a more efficient system.

Fortunately, I'm in no rush to get it back, if I send it.

3 hours ago, Nestus said:

I recently purchased this product to repair two of my bibs. It works like a charm, It is grey in colour but does fix the tear quite well. 

https://divetek.co.za/product/aquaseal-iron-mend/

Thanks. This seems more appropriate to diving gear, but I'm willing to give it a spin on the bib that was damaged, due to the colour.

I've had excellent service feedback from Ciovita. After I ordered incorrect size garments from them in Capetown (my own fault), I took the items to their new shop in Broadacres, where they exchanged them for me, no hassle, no worries, quick and efficient service. Must give credit where credit due. Hope you come right with your replacement of damaged item, try via Broadacres near you, regards Derek

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

No man - wear those tears as  badge of honour. I still have an ancient long sleeved First Ascent top with barbed wire holes in it. Brings back great memories. 🙂 

Agreed; adds character to the shirt.