Cannondale Road Bike

Pure Savage

Hi All, 

Not been here for a while but as I got hit by a Mercedes, it looks like my last Cannodale is probably a write off.

I dont see any other topics discussing the latest Dale road bikes. 

C23_C11402U_SuperSix_EVO_Crb_2_RAW_PD.webp.17aa4d96917c005f7b655728fbcc36c6.webp

I see everything has gone integrated etc so slamming the stem is a little harder and they no longer do the spider crank. 

I am liking this a little more than the SL8 where I think the headtube is a little bulbous ish.

In terms of power meter - suggestions?

Any other suggestions for a new bike in the R150k range inc power meter and wheels.

Have a look at the Orbea Orca range. Beautiful bikes within that price range with Ultegra Di2, then some change to buy Power Pedals so you can swop between your road bike and gravel bike if you feel the need.

In that price range, You could also look at both the new Trek Emonda or the Trek Madone aswell.

I'm just giving options of brands I know are available and there isn't really a waiting period for stock.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

Where are you going to buy this Cannondale from? Locally or import?

I think it's going to be quite difficult to get any Cannondale road bikes locally.

29 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Have a look at the Orbea Orca range. Beautiful bikes within that price range with Ultegra Di2, then some change to buy Power Pedals so you can swop between your road bike and gravel bike if you feel the need.

In that price range, You could also look at both the new Trek Emonda or the Trek Madone aswell.

I'm just giving options of brands I know are available and there isn't really a waiting period for stock.

Orbea orca 🤤

im also a big trek fan..

I at the time had the same dilemma, no stock of Cannonadle. I then made the bold move onto a Spez Atheos, I cannot rave enough about this bike, it's just simply the most amazing bike.

The bike has features taken from the Supersix evo  and the round tubing is timeless. 

oh and it climbs like a wild animal

Happy bike hunting 

Under the Oxford definition of FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS, it says:  

MERCEDES BENZ HITS CANNONDALE

Jokes aside, sorry about your bike, PS, and happy hunting for a new one

As mentioned before, stock on the Supersix Gen 4 is a problem.

Would also like to know the ride quality between Supersix Gen 3 and Gen 4, is it worth the upgrade?

Cant fault the Supersix Gen 3...

13 minutes ago, The_Hitman said:

Would also like to know the ride quality between Supersix Gen 3 and Gen 4, is it worth the upgrade?

SuperSix Evo 4 (Mechanical 105 spec) is on the water so should be here in roughly 6weeks. Plenty chunk of change left to upgrade groupset & wheels if needed. 

https://www.cannondale.com/en-za/bikes/road/race/supersix-evo/supersix-evo-4

LOVE my bike.  
Bike is a little more stiff than the previous Evo ed3.  
Integration works just fine.

I know the local importers do have stock of limited sizes in this color at the moment.  You should ask your LBS to find out what is available.

WRT powermeter, I have opted for the Power2Max.  

2024-01-06 (2).jpg

Edited by Spinnekop

1 hour ago, Cafe Racer said:

I at the time had the same dilemma, no stock of Cannonadle. I then made the bold move onto a Spez Atheos, I cannot rave enough about this bike, it's just simply the most amazing bike.

The bike has features taken from the Supersix evo  and the round tubing is timeless. 

oh and it climbs like a wild animal

Happy bike hunting 

HAVE YOU SEEN ME ON A CLIMB!!!  I need whatever aero advantage I can get. I will ask around.

14 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

LOVE my bike.  

I know the local importers do have stock of limited sizes in this color at the moment.  You should ask your LBS to find out what is available.

2024-01-06 (2).jpg

Do you ever ride in Cape Town?

Dont want to be twinning the whole time....

56 minutes ago, The_Hitman said:

I enjoyed the Gen 3 - I will roll the dice and ask around, maybe I am a 52cm all along and I just been riding a 54cm by mistake...

24 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Do you ever ride in Cape Town?

Dont want to be twinning the whole time....

I have last ridden road bike in CT in 2017.  So I would assume you are fairly save.  😁

2 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

I enjoyed the Gen 3 - I will roll the dice and ask around, maybe I am a 52cm all along and I just been riding a 54cm by mistake...

You'd be the right size currently at 54 cm, B.

The size specifications for Dale road bikes are 51 cm / Small-Medium and then 54 cm / Medium.

43 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

LOVE my bike.  

2024-01-06 (2).jpg

That fiets is so hot; just look how it's melting that barrier. 😈

3 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Chat to ECC, saw one in their store the other day.