Should Bike Hubbers be banned?

betaboy

19 minutes ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

There are those that have owned Campag 10 Speed Record and then there is the rabble that will never know what a proper shift feels like. Its like coming home when you engage the shift lever and theres no mamby pamby ratcheting around but rather a solid thunk as it shifts. And it alwasy does it and its always accurate.

#justsaying

Like being colour blind .You don't know what you are missing , and i thought campagnola was an italian salad dressing 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Lest I fall foul of this rule ... can you clarify if it's S-RAM or Sh-RAM

and what about us lysdexics - is MARS acceptable?

1 hour ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

There are those that have owned Campag 10 Speed Record and then there is the rabble that will never know what a proper shift feels like. Its like coming home when you engage the shift lever and theres no mamby pamby ratcheting around but rather a solid thunk as it shifts. And it alwasy does it and its always accurate.

#justsaying

And lets not forget - When jumping into a sprint in one thumb motion dropping the gear from you 23 to 11 in a split second dropping all the others who are clikety clacking through their gears while you cross the finish line to take yellow

22 minutes ago, madmarc said:

And lets not forget - When jumping into a sprint in one thumb motion dropping the gear from you 23 to 11 in a split second dropping all the others who are clikety clacking through their gears while you cross the finish line to take yellow

Jeez you are making me all sentimental for the days when i could still pedal a 23 - 11 cluster with a 53/39 front ring. I forgot about the shift down the whole cluster when sprinting - you are making me remember when i could still sprint without flapping around on shifters... Never mind when i could still sprint...

9 minutes ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

Jeez you are making me all sentimental for the days when i could still pedal a 23 - 11 cluster with a 53/39 front ring. I forgot about the shift down the whole cluster when sprinting - you are making me remember when i could still sprint without flapping around on shifters... Never mind when i could still sprint...

Yes sadly all us old timers have had to revert to 12 28 clusters and compact cranks but luckily Campy still caters for us 

On 2/11/2024 at 12:10 PM, MORNE said:

The gravel one (ekar?) didn't really gain traction? I mean, unless it can rival sram and shimano offerings with some sort of mind blowing new way of doing things ( imagine they came with T-type), it’s a sizeable investment into R&D for something that maybe only the die hard loyal roadie snakes who also XCO would really play with. Since we are talking about ignoring the world stage or elite competition….the average  mountainbiker doesn't want pretty carbon cages and lightweight pretty stuff, they want bombproof and reliable stuff that can get smashed against rocks and keep going.

By that logic we should all be riding XT or GX groupsets ... maar dit is nie wat ons doen nie

Edited by Ozzie NL

3 hours ago, eala said:

Like being colour blind .You don't know what you are missing , and i thought campagnola was an italian salad dressing 

do you know what meat is....?

who in their right mind think of salad as food???!!! its garnish, filler, plate prettiniss

Edited by DieselnDust

5 hours ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

#justsaying

Been there, done that. Proper!

Edited by Prince

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2024 at 10:31 PM, betaboy said:

Question: Should Bike Hubbers that incorrectly spell Campagnolo be banned for a period of 31 days?

🤓🤭✍️….

Elitist attitude much?