Temu for cycling goods

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recently ordered 4 inexpensive items. Communication very good, so far. About 2-week delivery time.

Will advise what TAXES are payable. 

R500-R600 exposure, so willing to try it out.

Expect plenty of ADDITIONAL, focussed NON ORDER-related emails, but i am ok with that.

they promise a R20 rebate IF it arrives after predicted date!
Chris

Edited by Zebra
Spelling

does it come to your address with a courier or do you have to go to a local PO?

Depending on what you buy, you can get some really good deals. I bought a Trek cycling shirt and some tools, in my opinion it feels exactly like the legit thing. It depends on what you buy and how cheap the product is, but in my opinion it was worth it.

I have ordered a few things from them, basically same as Shein, similar website layout, not sure if they are like sister companies,

Alot of their MTB gear i see takealot sells aswell now, and i have seen some of their ODI grips being sold along with gloves on the forum here 

SO yes their site does work and the products are decent quality depending what you are buying offcourse,

Clothing items if you are a L, go for XL as some clothing items do fit, but some might be too small, so i have gone a size above what i normally buy just to take into account shrinkage when washed, i bought some riding pants and they have been fantastic quality at a very good price.

My orders have arrived within 10 or less days thus far via Buffalo couriers whom then utilise local carriers like Intertown transport or the Courier guy here in the garden route area.

Overall everything i have ordered i have used and no complaints.

Also ordered a couple of small items recently to test them out. So far so good, delivery should be this week or early next week. Smooth process. I like that they bypass SAPO and courier to your door (for no extra charge - free delivery).

First delivery went well. Second delivery I am still waiting. They tried delivering last Wednesday after 18:00 to work. Driver told me they would come the next day at about 11:00 but never came. Then I read an article that Buffalo couriers is currently struggling to keep up with Temu orders and a delay is expected.
Today I received a call that they are outside work for delivery. This on a public holiday. Hopefully they come tomorrow. 
I was in contact with Temu chat support and they did offer to refund me and even keep the items if it does end up being delivered. 
I told the agent I don't mind waiting just expect better communication from the courier company.

I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from them, mostly tools etc, but recently ordered some cranks and hybrid mech/hydraulic disc brakes, and other bicycle goodies. Good experience so far and will share some picks if I remember and see this thread again. 

Bicycles orders on the way (most of the stuff was under R80, except the crankset and brakes):
-brake & gear cable (gold braided)

-grips

-discs

-hydraulic/mech brakes

-cranks + narrow wide chainring

-headset (34-34 and 44-44)

-seat tube shim

-green disc rotor bolts & valve caps (because I'm a sucker)

-free hub thread -> disc rotor converter

I also bought some stuff from them, spoke tension meter and some cheap lights, arrived via courier as promised, spoke tension meter seems to be good quality, I will be testing the light very soon.

I bought, small pliers to do and undo the quick link for R18, seems like a bargain, will keep it in my spares bag.

VAT was payable via a link they have sent; all went quite smooth.

• 3 weeks later...

An update, all my stuff arrived. See photos attached. Also bought a couple workshop related things. But the bike stuff is the interesting stuff. Tax was about 10-15% of the order. Shipping free. 

Cranks (170mm, including bb, protectors, bolts and narrow wide chainring): r788

Headsets (34-34 and 44-44): 187 & 203

Rotors: r87 each

Seat shim: 73

Presta caps, crank protectors: r18 each

Rotors bolts x12:  r54

Oil slick disc brake Rotors: r818

Handlebar grips: r25 per pair

Brake and shift cable housing: r125 per each 3meter length. 

Cassette thread to 6bolt Rotor adaptor: r34

Managed to get some coupons on all of the above by playing the right temu "games" and spinning the wheels etc. Saving about 15-30% on the prices above. 

20240419_173448.jpg

20240419_173516.jpg

20240419_173537.jpg

20240419_173552.jpg

20240419_173628.jpg

20240419_173703.jpg

4 hours ago, bebnin said:

An update, all my stuff arrived. See photos attached. Also bought a couple workshop related things. But the bike stuff is the interesting stuff. Tax was about 10-15% of the order. Shipping free. 

Cranks (170mm, including bb, protectors, bolts and narrow wide chainring): r788

Headsets (34-34 and 44-44): 187 & 203

Rotors: r87 each

Seat shim: 73

Presta caps, crank protectors: r18 each

Rotors bolts x12:  r54

Oil slick disc brake Rotors: r818

Handlebar grips: r25 per pair

Brake and shift cable housing: r125 per each 3meter length. 

Cassette thread to 6bolt Rotor adaptor: r34

Managed to get some coupons on all of the above by playing the right temu "games" and spinning the wheels etc. Saving about 15-30% on the prices above. 

20240419_173448.jpg

20240419_173516.jpg

20240419_173537.jpg

20240419_173552.jpg

20240419_173628.jpg

20240419_173703.jpg

Awesome man, the market is opening up nicely. It is very exciting to say the least 😁. I read an article earlier this week trying to put a new spin on things trying to warn people against Temu and Shein as they may "encourage forced labor" in China.

Guess what: if you have debt then you're also in a forced labor situation 🤣

Purchased mtb t-shirts,quality is very decent. Just size up,size guides are accurate.

Bought odi styled grips, grips look good but not at all tacky or grippy as original odi, as expected for the price.

Scvcn photochromic glasses very comfortable and tints as should just not quick transition. For price it's excellent, however concerned if lenses break,do they splinter etc.

Afraid to try cranks,bars or pedals etc for fear of failure on trails.

Shipping was 11 days.

Was charged 10percent customs even with 2 x tshirts.

Purchased 3 x Castrol & STP shirts (non cycling related), an innovative bell for one bike (since I am not a clean-handlebar purist!) and a cross-bar stash bag for another bike.

Despite reservations, product arrived quickly, probably exceeded my expectations, and am happy, all this for VERY LITTLE money.

1st timer with Temu, and I am happy.