Assos bib shorts quality and warranty service question

Jva

So on January 4 2024 I bought a ASSOS Mille GT C2 bib short from Cycle lab as they had a very good special.

The shorts are great, very comfortable and I would have considered buying more except: after using them for about 3 months or 26 rides ( I rotate bib shorts) I noticed the material between the pad and seat is basically worn through. I took the shorts back to Cycle Lab who sent it to J&J Cycling for a warranty claim. I learnt that there will be no warranty claim because of the saddle I use, please read the next bit:

Here is the thing and also my reference point, about 7 or 8 year ago I bought 3 bib shorts at the 94.7 expo then held at the Dome, 1 x Ciovita Corsa bibs and 2 x Vermarc PRR bibs. For context I  have been using the same saddle, a Specialized Power saddle for all this time. I retired the Ciovita bibs because they stretched, no holes. I still use the Vermarc bibs but they are starting to show signs of wear but still 100% usable. My question, should a warranty claim be justified in this instance?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I can’t find any terms and conditions related to the type/make of saddle you’re supposed to use with Assos bibs I’d say absolutely yes: warranty claim valid. If the agent won’t help you take your fight straight to Switzerland. 

I’ve seen this sort of oh-because-so-so-the-gaurantee-is-not-valid nonsense in this country far too often. 🤯

A bit off topic.  I bought a pair of Assos bibs, did one ride and sold them again.  They were just killing me. 

Probably me and the bibs that's not compatible.

Screw that , for the bloody price we pay for them.

Twitter somehow seems to get the quickest Reponses in my experience , make sure to tag J&J as well 

41 minutes ago, Jva said:

So on January 4 2024 I bought a ASSOS Mille GT C2 bib short from Cycle lab as they had a very good special.

The shorts are great, very comfortable and I would have considered buying more except: after using them for about 3 months or 26 rides ( I rotate bib shorts) I noticed the material between the pad and seat is basically worn through. I took the shorts back to Cycle Lab who sent it to J&J Cycling for a warranty claim. I learnt that there will be no warranty claim because of the saddle I use, please read the next bit:

Here is the thing and also my reference point, about 7 or 8 year ago I bought 3 bib shorts at the 94.7 expo then held at the Dome, 1 x Ciovita Corsa bibs and 2 x Vermarc PRR bibs. For context I  have been using the same saddle, a Specialized Power saddle for all this time. I retired the Ciovita bibs because they stretched, no holes. I still use the Vermarc bibs but they are starting to show signs of wear but still 100% usable. My question, should a warranty claim be justified in this instance?

The ASSOS Mille GT C2 bibs are DEFINITELY not the same quality as their predecessors. Was a big shock to me, taking in to consideration what you pay and what your are use to......

Thanks for the replies, just confirmed what I was thinking. Will also try to contact the mother ship in Switzerland.

1 hour ago, Super Sywurm said:

A bit off topic.  I bought a pair of Assos bibs, did one ride and sold them again.  They were just killing me. 

Probably me and the bibs that's not compatible.

I am experiencing this with Ciovita 😂

8 minutes ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

I am experiencing this with Ciovita 😂

Yes, they feel fine.  That is what I ride with.

3 hours ago, Jva said:

What a load of crap, completely ridiculous! 

.. damn bunch of Ass-hols make any ride uncomfortable. Check your tags, maybe it’s normal to land up with shorts that look like Swiss cheese! 😂😂😂