Ciovita faking review stats

SSCC

So 'filtering' reviews is standard practice. 

If you look at Booking.com for example, they have a 'latest 200' system, that drops older reviews AND filters the outliers below the average.

They also have a word function that filters anything that could be construed as prejudice or damning.

So it takes the average, removes any rude word/hurtful ones, the outliers below a certain median and then re calculates the average.

Also, it isn't really a requirement for the company to show any reviews...... They do so as a part of the package that comes with an on line shop.

Cherry picking what they get is definitely not exclusive to them. It's more common than grumpy threads on bikehub!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, this is (fairly) common practise. I'd love to live in a world where all brands can own up to the good and the bad, but that ship has sailed for most.

I saw this in the UK and although still marketing, loved how KFC owned up to the bad reviews their fries got there. Bold, but refreshing.
W8_23_CAROUSEL_FLG_FRIES_2000x650px.jpg.56640634296a22f1e8fb939dd9c0f79d.jpg

I've had same with Samsung - I bought a Samsung laser printer that was so bad it literally did not work when humidity was greater than about 35% - I complained and was told to take a hike so I gave a 1 Star review on their website that was not posted because it "went against their policies and standards". 

Take-a-lot are pretty good, so long as keep within their rules that are not unreasonable. 

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

As for their Corsa bibs .... not again.

Why not?

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

So 'filtering' reviews is standard practice. 

I'm not talking about filtering. They are excluding reviews completely so it does not effect the overall rating. They don't make it onto the website.

Sure it's not a requirement to have any reviews at all - but it the company emails customers and asks them to review their purchases then they should publish what they get. Or remove the review section entirely. To me it's a question of honesty and it tells us a lot about a companies management team.

The corsa bibs are the only bibs that fit me perfectly, straps position of the chamios and length of above knee. But I stopped buying them because of the following reasons.

1. The corsas become transparent very quickly in the crack region.

2. The stitching on the chamios doesnt last for 💩. However they used to  agree to do a flatlock stitch for me when used to buy their bibs.

I have nothing against the brand. I still own and use a pair of leg warmers and a fleece top I bought 3 years ago. 

Edited by Ncayi

Can't say much about the kit but I do have a Ciovita Essentials kit bag that I used several times before the inner waterproof layer started to crumble to dust. Bag is useless unless you want your kit covered in black crumbs/dust. Couldn't be bothered informing them I just move on and give them a miss next time.

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

First i had two up going transparent on the bum panel now its three and these are not high wear bibs

Hi there - I picked up on this comment and want to discuss further but don't want to high-jack this thread.

Please have a look here and jump on board this discussion : 

26 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

Why not?

Poor quality issues.  Ended up giving the last replacement bib away (unused).

Happy with their tops.

12 minutes ago, SSCC said:

I'm not talking about filtering. They are excluding reviews completely so it does not effect the overall rating. They don't make it onto the website.

Sure it's not a requirement to have any reviews at all - but it the company emails customers and asks them to review their purchases then they should publish what they get. Or remove the review section entirely. To me it's a question of honesty and it tells us a lot about a companies management team.

Where do you think the 'filtered' reviews go? 

They get filtered into a void. 

This is absolutely not a thing. It's like being blown away with surprise and outrage every time ANC corruption is reported 

11 minutes ago, Ncayi said:

The corsa bibs are the only bibs that fit me perfectly, straps position of the chamios and length of above knee. But I stopped buying them because of the following reasons.

1. The corsas become transparent very quickly in the crack region.

2. The stitching on the chamios doesnt last for 💩. However they used to  agree to do a flatlock stitch for me when used to buy their bibs.

I have nothing against the brand. I still own and use a pair of leg warmers and a fleece top I bought 3 years ago. 

JIP ... "2." ....

I litterally replaced saddles as I did not for a moment consider a new bib could cause so much pain and discomfort .... was during a nature break that I realised how the wings had rolled in and was the cause of the issue.  For the rest of the ride I was stopping every 10km to un-roll the wings ....

Sure, they owned up to it, and offered to repair it.  Few weeks later I got the call that they would rather replace it.  Same flimsy sides ... just gave it away.

26 minutes ago, SSCC said:

There is a thing called review moderation, it checks if the review is applicable to the product, the business, the delivery, the exchange rate, or just not applicable. 

These also filter out any inappropriate content, so it could be your review qualified to be moderated first by matching the above criteria, you will need to speak to their ML team though. 

48 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Where do you think the 'filtered' reviews go? 

They get filtered into a void. 

This is absolutely not a thing. It's like being blown away with surprise and outrage every time ANC corruption is reported 

Filtered implies the reviews actually exist online. That is very different to blocked and never posted in an effort to preserve the 5 star rating. 

You gotta have bad reviews..! Unless you are robots.. 

im human and a make mistakes, sometimes that leads to a bad review.. but at least you dealing with a human and not an infuriating chatbot.. 😭