Zwift Subscription

2 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

..... I enjoyed Rouvy until i didn't. ...

But right now I'd happily trade my trainer for a treadmill. Lockdown cured me of indoor training.

Indoor certainly is not my "first love" ....

For now I do it only as warm up to other exercises.

Thankfully this winter has been kind to us.  Rain in the week, and perfect cycling weather on weekends.  So no need for long sessions on the indoor trainer.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd strongly recommend indieVelo. I've been using it for a week now. It has all the same features as the other platforms except the companion app. It is free for now in the Beta, with there being a founding member payment option.

https://indievelo.com/

1 hour ago, GraemeS said:

I'd strongly recommend indieVelo. I've been using it for a week now. It has all the same features as the other platforms except the companion app. It is free for now in the Beta, with there being a founding member payment option.

https://indievelo.com/

The Monday Mixer race, and Wednesday Omnium races are fun, and have a decent number of humans competing, plus bots to fill up the pens to 50 riders.
The "La classique du Jeudi" race today also usually has decent numbers, no bots in this one.
And "DIRTy FriYAY" race on Friday also usually has a decent number of humans.

This week the Monday Mixer had 15 humans in pen 1 (13 finishers, all in the top 20), and a few humans in some other pens as well. One person's recording of the race:

Although there is no companion app currently, you can check the upcoming events here: https://indievelohub.com/

so I see Rouvy offer different subscriptions one is a combined

duo 2 people 19.90 dollars

group 5 people 32.99 

anyone keen to do this assuming its possible

ROUVY offers six subscription plans: monthly and annual options for solo users (SINGLE), you and a friend (DUO), or a group of up to five members (GROUP). After creating an account, you can invite friends or family to join your plan, allowing everyone to save by sharing a single subscription.

Edited by Sloggy

ZWIFT has become insanely expensive, especially for a household with more than one account - my wife and I both have individual accounts and the annual cost is now ridiculous. Still waiting on their "Family Membership Plan"... ... ... ...

On 6/27/2024 at 10:36 AM, HdB said:

The Monday Mixer race, and Wednesday Omnium races are fun, and have a decent number of humans competing, plus bots to fill up the pens to 50 riders.
The "La classique du Jeudi" race today also usually has decent numbers, no bots in this one.
And "DIRTy FriYAY" race on Friday also usually has a decent number of humans.

This week the Monday Mixer had 15 humans in pen 1 (13 finishers, all in the top 20), and a few humans in some other pens as well. One person's recording of the race:

Although there is no companion app currently, you can check the upcoming events here: https://indievelohub.com/

Thanks for this, I have now downloaded it and will give it a go. 

17 hours ago, Irvin85 said:

Thanks for this, I have now downloaded it and will give it a go. 

Please give feedback

Been using Whoosh now the past few days I am enjoying this app more than Zwift as I prefer the user interface and the layout

However the system does lag every so often which does not bother me really

I've been on Indievelo for a while now and don't think I'll go back to Zwift - the list of meaningful changes Indievelo makes on a weekly basis is about equal to what Zwift does twice a year. The only things I think they are behind still is km's of different roads (and how important is that really), the amount of gamification (bikes/kit etc), as well as the amount of people online.

The physics feel better, they have virtual shifting (as well as a virtual gear offset), customisable HUD and a working elevation profile. I've done a TT which went well but next up is to try racing which looks pretty good as well.

On 6/27/2024 at 7:12 PM, Sloggy said:

so I see Rouvy offer different subscriptions one is a combined

duo 2 people 19.90 dollars

group 5 people 32.99 

anyone keen to do this assuming its possible

ROUVY offers six subscription plans: monthly and annual options for solo users (SINGLE), you and a friend (DUO), or a group of up to five members (GROUP). After creating an account, you can invite friends or family to join your plan, allowing everyone to save by sharing a single subscription.

Yeah, count me in. DM me if you want to discuss this further.

On 6/29/2024 at 6:34 AM, ChrisF said:

Please give feedback

Did my First Ride on IndieVelo on tuesday, what can I say, I am really impressed. 

The setup was easy and no connection issues using Ant+. 

The physics feels much better than Zwift in my opinion, I could feel a remarkable difference when drafting behind another rider, something that I never experienced with Zwift.  The graphics is great, on par with Zwift.

MyWhoosh is too hardware heavy as I cannot run it on either of my laptops and the graphics is horrible running from my Iphone, Not even the less detailed version works on any of the laptops. 

I also did not experience any drop in connection like with Zwift. In order for Zwift to work properly on Ant+ or Bluetooth I had to switch the Treadmill off and unplug it. Meaning that My wife(a Runner) and I could never train next to each other as Zwift would never work and my indoor trainer even when using Ant+ would bomb out. 

So Indievelo for the win. 

4 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

Did my First Ride on IndieVelo on tuesday, what can I say, I am really impressed. 

The setup was easy and no connection issues using Ant+. 

The physics feels much better than Zwift in my opinion, I could feel a remarkable difference when drafting behind another rider, something that I never experienced with Zwift.  The graphics is great, on par with Zwift.

MyWhoosh is too hardware heavy as I cannot run it on either of my laptops and the graphics is horrible running from my Iphone, Not even the less detailed version works on any of the laptops. 

I also did not experience any drop in connection like with Zwift. In order for Zwift to work properly on Ant+ or Bluetooth I had to switch the Treadmill off and unplug it. Meaning that My wife(a Runner) and I could never train next to each other as Zwift would never work and my indoor trainer even when using Ant+ would bomb out. 

So Indievelo for the win. 

Just note that if/when you do have dropouts, it can sometimes result in getting kicked out of a race by the automatic verification, at least if the race is using the most strict level (for example, if cadence drops for more than just a really short time, but power still reads high). It happened to me a few weeks ago, not sure if it was my cadence sensor or the wifi though as the message wasn't clear on the culprit.

53 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Yeah, count me in. DM me if you want to discuss this further.

I am going to put my membership with swift on hold. I will check when it expires.

Should wait for 3 more so we go the 5 membership. 

I will DM you my mobile number to communicate

anyone else wanna get involved

1 hour ago, Sloggy said:

I am going to put my membership with swift on hold. I will check when it expires.

Should wait for 3 more so we go the 5 membership. 

I will DM you my mobile number to communicate

anyone else wanna get involved

I would also be interested to join a Rouvy group

6 hours ago, dexterdent said:

I've been on Indievelo for a while now and don't think I'll go back to Zwift

The free 25Km that Zwift gives every month, is enough for me to get some hard rides (and occassionally the climb portal). Mostly ride on Ventop route for L4-5 intervals.