Zwift Subscription

9 hours ago, JeffK said:

The 7pm and 8pm races on Mywoosh is rather quiet, will be good to have a few more joining in🙂

I am keen but when I do a 7pm race I battle to sleep afterwards.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Second that.

1 hour ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Curious about this, do you have coffee late in the afternoon? I found that not drinking coffee after 1pm sorted the sleep issues out. Can race until 8pm, shower and then fall asleep around 9pm without any issues.

2 minutes ago, JeffK said:

Curious about this, do you have coffee late in the afternoon? I found that not drinking coffee after 1pm sorted the sleep issues out. Can race until 8pm, shower and then fall asleep around 9pm without any issues.

No, I do not drink a lot, maybe just some instant coffee, if I do a normal steady state workout, I sleep like a log but high intensity workouts or races, I sleep but very restless.

21 hours ago, dexterdent said:

I did the 4km TT challenge yesterday - fun! it shows your time relative to everyone else who tried it, and it is filterable by country so please go ahead and obliterate my time :)

Also starting to learn descending corners are handled much better than zwift, although it means you might need to pay some more attention.

I did that on Saturday, nearly died. Average heartrate of 178bpm. 

2 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

I did that on Saturday, nearly died. Average heartrate of 178bpm. 

While probably not beating you on time, I might beat you on HR - 186 average and 200 max.

See, fun!

I see they also have a VO2max estimation - guessing this is pretty inaccurate and meaningless?

3 hours ago, dexterdent said:

While probably not beating you on time, I might beat you on HR - 186 average and 200 max.

See, fun!

I see they also have a VO2max estimation - guessing this is pretty inaccurate and meaningless?

Being ill the majority of the year it was only my second ride in about 2 months. So no you probably whipped me. 

I have not looked to much into the VO2 max estimation so cannot comment, I guess it could be accurate if your Heart rate sensor and power meter is calibrated and correct. 

From the release notes of the version where it was added:
Advanced Analytics.  indieVelo now performs VO2max analysis of your physiology based on your riding to help you train better and achieve your goals.   Using a model based on your 90 day best Critical Power (CP) curve this ensures your targets and analysis uses your current form and fitness, taking into account the natural cycle over the year, as well as injury / illness etc.

For what it is worth, it estimates mine a little bit higher than Garmin. And both are 2-4 higher than what Intervals.icu estimates for my "42 days", with IV being the highest, but with the least amount of data.

8 hours ago, JeffK said:

Back in the early 2000s, I played action cricket with games scheduled for 22:00 only starting at 23:00. So that means getting home after midnight. Getting to sleep wasn’t hard but the duration and quality wasn’t so good.

53 minutes ago, HdB said:

From the release notes of the version where it was added:
Advanced Analytics.  indieVelo now performs VO2max analysis of your physiology based on your riding to help you train better and achieve your goals.   Using a model based on your 90 day best Critical Power (CP) curve this ensures your targets and analysis uses your current form and fitness, taking into account the natural cycle over the year, as well as injury / illness etc.

For what it is worth, it estimates mine a little bit higher than Garmin. And both are 2-4 higher than what Intervals.icu estimates for my "42 days", with IV being the highest, but with the least amount of data.

Given that I have only done endurance rides with Eddie, Cyril and Anna, my FTP and CP is (well) below my current level. The VO2 value is the same as Garmin, again without having done any work above (real) threshold. Compared to a lab tested value, it’s well below that value too.

• 1 month later...

What is the catch to cancel Zwift via Apple pay?

Friend of mine wants to cancel his Zwift subscription and is unable to – error messages.

Appears his “contact us” queries to Zwift are also ignored…

20 minutes ago, Mongoose! said:

Friend of mine wants to cancel his Zwift subscription and is unable to – error messages.

Hotel California!

1 hour ago, Mongoose! said:

Is he trying to cancel on the Zwift website, or on Subscriptions in the AppleID?

2 hours ago, Mongoose! said:

Log onto the Zwift website.

Cancel.

DO NOT "pause" (or whatever other term they may use now), as it auto restarts in a few months.

Same process if he wants to restart next winter, or when ever.

OOOOOOPS ... this how it works normally.

Seems your friend has to do the apple tap dance -

https://support.zwift.com/en_us/canceling-your-membership-Sky82qONr

43 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Is he trying to cancel on the Zwift website, or on Subscriptions in the AppleID?

Think he tried on zwift website