Support for Development Team in Khayelitsha

Kimikaze

6 hours ago, Zebra said:

Excellent, yes I (or my team) can accept donated goods for Kim, if that helps: Flying Brick: 8 Shropshire Street, Paarden Eiland (1 road BACK from Marine Drive Service Road)...

Cheers!

Chris

@Zebra Friends are emigrating and gave me lots of stuff to donate, mens and ladies, and I will add some of my own. Helmets, sunglasses, gloves, road shoes (with cleats), a floor pump and of course some kit. Will throw in a lightly used MTB tyre too as that is needed. Will drop at Flying Brick tomorrow around lunch time. 

@Kimikaze do they need MTB shoes with cleats, size 8/9? Or are they youngsters? 

I have two pairs in excellent condition that aren't selling here so can put them in the box if needed.

10 hours ago, Tomik said:

@Kimikaze do they need MTB shoes with cleats, size 8/9? Or are they youngsters? 

I have two pairs in excellent condition that aren't selling here so can put them in the box if needed.

Always welcome! They will grow into these, or the team can sell them to fund their cycling activities 🙏

34 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I have waaaaaaaaaaay too much stuff but my problem is that I'm based in PTA. Maybe I can arrange a box for the courier to collect @Zebra can I use the address you mentioned? I've attached some "old" photos of some of the parts I have on offer 

20230319_142157.jpg

20230319_145126.jpg

IMG-20240309-WA0043.jpeg

Wow this is like Santa's workshop! Thank you! Most of the guys ride road bikes, and there are a few that ride mtb. Old road bike groupsets and wheels are the most difficult things to find, and the most needed. This is amazing, thank you! 💫

Hi Robert, brilliant offer, but my Store could likely not handle more than a box, or two, due to storage constraints, but we can chat, cheers, Chris

13 minutes ago, Zebra said:

Hi Robert, brilliant offer, but my Store could likely not handle more than a box, or two, due to storage constraints, but we can chat, cheers, Chris

You welcome to store it at my office in Marine Drive. Over enough space. Next to Trac Mac.

4 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I have waaaaaaaaaaay too much stuff but my problem is that I'm based in PTA. Maybe I can arrange a box for the courier to collect @Zebra can I use the address you mentioned? I've attached some "old" photos of some of the parts I have on offer 

20230319_142157.jpg

20230319_145126.jpg

IMG-20240309-WA0043.jpeg

Flipping incredible, if there's enough to spare maybe also chat with Philimon Sebona (ex Pyga Eurosteel pro) he's based in Pretoria as well and works alongside a cycling NGO/ coaching etc.
Happy to pass on his details via DM.  

36 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Flipping incredible, if there's enough to spare maybe also chat with Philimon Sebona (ex Pyga Eurosteel pro) he's based in Pretoria as well and works alongside a cycling NGO/ coaching etc.
Happy to pass on his details via DM.  

I know him - or rather let me say "of" him 😁. Met him once or twice at the shops he worked. Please put us in touch so that I can offload to him as well

Edited by RobertWhitehead
Net so

Just received an amazing donation of much needed parts from Flip! Including cranksets, chainrings, bottom brackets, derailleurs, loads of tyres, bar tape, shoes, and even a set of Powertap pedals.

A reminder: I'm handing over this stuff on Tuesday. So if you'd like to get in on the action in time, please let me know soonest.

16 hours ago, Nick said:

Just received an amazing donation of much needed parts from Flip! Including cranksets, chainrings, bottom brackets, derailleurs, loads of tyres, bar tape, shoes, and even a set of Powertap pedals.

A reminder: I'm handing over this stuff on Tuesday. So if you'd like to get in on the action in time, please let me know soonest.

Woohoo! Thank you for being a central point for all these much needed things! And to everyone who is so generously donating 🙏

18 hours ago, Nick said:

Flip! That's amazing 

Feelgood FriYAY! Delivered a car-load of hugely appreciated parts and kit to Lubabalo! Thank you for all the donations, and to @Nick and @Zebra for gathering the goods! Both have agreed to be drop-off points for future. Lubabalo has a car and can collect from you every few months. In addition to encouraging cycling in youth, they also arrange tutoring for team members who are struggling at school. Your donated parts and kit literally change lives 💫

Anyone else feeling moved to donate, please connect with Lubabalo on 060 588 4755. Tyres, tubes (even holy ones 😉), and older groupset parts are a constant need. 20240822_105331.jpg.ec1082037251e24e52333631e11b5ee7.jpg

Edited by Kimikaze