Olympics - track

lechatnoir

FWIW, the track program begins this afternoon. Some usual suspects will be there too - Viviani, Morkov...

Personally, I really enjoy it as it's contained and a proper spectator event. And the team events are great to watch with really well-drilled teams.

I remember in the last Olympics Filipo Ganna's power run in the pursuit, I will make a point of watching hopefully some highlights this evening.

52 minutes ago, Barry said:

Still can't get my head around the the team Japan bike at R2,5mil a pop.

haibo. Mara why?

2 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

FWIW, the track program begins this afternoon. Some usual suspects will be there too - Viviani, Morkov...

Personally, I really enjoy it as it's contained and a proper spectator event. And the team events are great to watch with really well-drilled teams.

Viv popped HARD during the road race, or did he just decide he'd had enough? Let's hope he has some spare watts for the velodrome.

2 hours ago, Barry said:

isn't that one of those, we don't actually want to make one for the public price tags and not actual cost?

As UCI rules state that all equipment must be commercially available, the V-Izu TCM-2 is on sale for ¥19.85 million (£101,000), a prohibitive price tag that effectively takes it off the market. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C65myZzMBlv/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=2cbcf148-edd1-4073-827d-2da0918e0e1d

2 hours ago, Barry said:

eish... pic of steed?

So the Olympic TV feed has no time graphics while they’re riding?

edit: ok, is back now

Edited by MongooseMan

Last night's program was intense. women's team sprint... world records after world record.

and then the men's team pursuit - was fantastic to see. And of course the Dutch men's team sprint—just give them gold already.

Again, the track program didn't disappoint last night... Unless you were the German women and Italian men pursuit teams....

But golly, the Dutch men sprint team are something else. As Eurosport commentators noted, everyone would have been happy to give them gold 6 months ago. And they delivered 

As with all the top performances, it's so good to see things work out perfectly. But I guess that goes for all of life in the world.