Brutal

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 or 3 to many.

That would be "too" many.Wink 

tsk..tsk..tsk...nou moet ons boere girltjies julle souties nog leer hoe om engels te praat ook.ShockedBig%20smile

Do you really want to discuss this? All languages change through time, rarely do they die. Yes there are lots of dialects within languages, for example from the Cape coloured Afrikaans to the platteland Afrikaans. Afrikaans itself was derived from what? Dutch? English...have you heard the "English" you hear in the streets of London? I'm sorry but THAT is not English. Compare English spoken today to English spoken 300 years ago. That English is very very dead. No I don't think Afrikaans is a dying language, esp with people like Nellie around. If Afrikaans is dying so is the culture and the people who are part of that. As far as I can see that is definitely not the case. I do afterall live in Stellenbosch!

dammit Im sposed to be writing my thesis not debating language!

As always SARA: ClapClap

Good luck with that thesis!Thumbs%20Up

Thanks chick.

...guess what I have to write a bit of it in...Afrikaans. That er dying language? Confused Eish going to need help with those big words!

Guest colonel
Do you really want to discuss this? All languages change through time' date=' rarely do they die. Yes there are lots of dialects within languages, for example from the Cape coloured Afrikaans to the platteland Afrikaans. Afrikaans itself was derived from what? Dutch? English...have you heard the "English" you hear in the streets of London? I'm sorry but THAT is not English. Compare English spoken today to English spoken 300 years ago. That English is very very dead. No I don't think Afrikaans is a dying language, esp with people like Nellie around. If Afrikaans is dying so is the culture and the people who are part of that. As far as I can see that is definitely not the case. I do afterall live in Stellenbosch!

dammit Im sposed to be writing my thesis not debating language!
[/quote']

It has died.......with PW Botha a few weeks back.

Blah blah blah, English here or there, 90% of the world speak                   E-N-G-L-I-S-H.

Nellie can carry on speaking the taal and Im happy for her. I wont its a dying language.WinkLOL

Manbat,

I now have time to reply to your comments about my posting...

1) Sour grapes??? why would the journo ( reporter ) who pointed out to

me the coincidence, have sour grapes? he actually voted himself...They

speak amongst themselves they know who voted for whom.

2) I am, not a resident of your  country, and I have passed the

elite age group for racing.... HAVE SOUR GRAPES ???? I don't think so.

n Ruk terug het ons gesien dat die meerderheid van die hubbers afrikaans sprekend is....so F*k al die souties en praat net in afrikaans? Reg?

Okay dom idee..Unhappy

n Ruk terug het ons gesien dat die meerderheid van die hubbers afrikaans sprekend is....so F*k al die souties en praat net in afrikaans? Reg?

Ja, baas Wink

& are we going to wave the old Vierkleur at the next rugby international

LOL

Okay dom idee..Unhappy

Hey, hoekom nie?? Kom ons kyk of ons 'n rekordgetal replies kan kry wat omtrent dieselfde s?...

"uhm...translate please"LOLLOL 

(joke net soutiesWink - ons is nogsteeds lief vir julleHug, al kan julle ons nie so lekker verstaan nieThumbs%20Up)

Zipp..... I agree. Between Paul and Phil they understand French / Italian and Spanish enough to understand the interview. But Afrikaans they don't. I have no problem with Marissa speaking Afrikaans but for me it just show respect to the world two top commentators. They would have longer chats to her if they understood her.

so dis nou hoogtyd dat hulle 'n ordentlike taal leer praat?

daar's net een taal wat die Engelse kan praat, .... .... ***!!!!