Cyclist of the year

Brutal

so dis nou hoogtyd dat hulle 'n ordentlike taal leer praat?

daar's net een taal wat die Engelse kan praat' date=' .... .... ***!!!!
[/quote']

Mmmmmm

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Cyclist of the year awards is a joke anyway, David George should have won alone.

As for the woman... Marissa won the award on last years worlds, she certainly did nothin impressive this year, but then again none of the others nominated did anything either....Elsa who?  and Cassandra only won a few races when all the other girls were in Europe. Cherise is the only one that did something impressivre in the junior worlds TT.

Anyways the woman really need to shape up cuz womans cycling is a dying sport at the moment

Anyways the woman really need to shape up cuz womans cycling is a dying sport at the moment

There's one way of changing that development: pass a rule that they have to wear really short shorts and short tops! Just as in volleyball and beachvolleyball. i watch that often. I am sure so does couchpotatoe!

Ag shame ATHENA, sounds as if your feelings were HURT because you were not nominated, Im sure each of those ladies nominated did more than you did!!!!!  Merissa went overseas - you NOT, she won Race for Victory - you NOT, she won Tour Durban - you NOT, Elsa Karstens  is WORLD CHAMPION - you not , shes SA Champion - you not and the list can go on and on and onClap

As for the woman... Marissa won the award on last years worlds' date=' she certainly did nothin impressive this year, but then again none of the others nominated did anything either....Elsa who?  and Cassandra only won a few races when all the other girls were in Europe. Cherise is the only one that did something impressivre in the junior worlds TT.

[/quote']

Slight change of subject and a bit out of date but reading this topic reminded me of it, re Marissa ... saw her on TV being interviewed by the 2 Phils (2 Poms who probaly dont speak much Afrikaans) at the cyclist of the year awards and she replies to them in Afrikaans - VERY RUDE and imo not the way cylist of the year should behave.

Catcha a wake up girl...

SwissVan read a few of the previous pages...i think about 85% of this thread was about Marissa and her Afrikaans.Confused I'm begging you...don't start again! Pleeeeezzz!Wink

Jammmmmer, busy catching up and did not read all the posts (Embarrassed)

Will check it out now - no promises not to raise ethe subject againWink

Ja wat a whole lot of K*K COULDN'T GET THROUGH ALL 15 PAGES.

Moral of the story it was plain bad manners on her behalf, she surely could reply in English seeing that she understood the questions and I assume she passed Matric (or whatever they call it now) of which English is a requirement.

Perhaps she has a funny accent like Gerrie or Anneline (spelling?)

Still bad manners no matter how funny you sound.

Feel better now thats off my chest Wink

Athena - if you dont know who Elsa is then you really have no place being on the hub at all.  you probably one of those girls that can't quite get to where they think they are in the cycling industry.

To swissvan this topic is not about Cyclist of the year but about Language, its actually funny reading this. keep it up as i see that you guys have nothing much to do at work, just like me.

Keep entertaining us. thanks.