Cycling loss

Relentless

Sorry to be the bearer of some bad news. Neresh Ramsunder (45), who hailed from East London, was killed this morning while on a solo training ride near his home. Details are understandably very sketchy at the moment, and all we've heard is that he left home at 7am and was knocked down by a motorist at about 7.30am.

Neresh, a real gentleman, started cycling about 18months ago and was a regular visitor to Cape Town. It was, in fact, on a training ride that I met him. He completed the Burger Sanlam and Argus Cycletour with us. Just recently he completed the 9-day George to Cape Town ride (the name of which escapes me) and donated his bike to charity.

He was owner of an engineering company and leaves behind a wife, two daughters (at Stellies Medical School) and a teenage son.

Rest well my friend, and enjoy your Monoq wherever you are!

Condolences to the family.

I am extremely sad to hear his news. My sincere condolences to the family.

I am from that neck of the woods and it is extremely  painful to hear about this.

Just heard some further details from a friend who drove up to EL for the weekend: apparently my late friend left home for a training ride at 7am,  and was killed at around 7.10am

He went up a small incline in a residential area, the road had no shoulder, but solid white barrier- line in centre, bus approaching in opp. lane., unlicensed driver in Golf behind bus was impatient and saw fit to overtake crossing the solid white line!!

My friend was hit from the front and the entire RH of his body was destroyed by the impact. I hope to God he went quickly.

Condolences to his family.... never nice to hear, and especially at this time of year.

Rest in peace, and enjoy your pedalling days with all our other departed fellow friends.

This shows us we need to enjoy every moment on the bike; everything can change in a split second.... My sincere condolences to the family.

my sincere condolences to his family and friends. an utter trajic and uncalled for loss.

hopefully the %^&* who hit him will never have any happiness in his life as he doesn't deserve any.