Why cyclists get hit

ewep

The sad part is, if know one saw how he was riding and only saw him lying on the side of the road with some bystander mentioning that he was hit by a bus, everybody on the hub and basically the whole cycling community will be up in arms trying to defend him. I will personally run over a cyclist if he does not obay the rules. I know how you should and can ride in traffic, no excuse to be an ass.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to basics ... MUTUAL respect ... This is a typical cyclists who will have the same attitude when he drive his car .....

It is this type of attitude that gets innocent cyclist killed ....

I will personally run over a cyclist if he does not obay the rules.

mampara - your nick fits perfectly and you represent the root cause of the problem perfectly!

Dankie mampara, that is why I was so cross!  Everyone on the hub is usually up in arms about stries like Deon Maas', but have we looked in our own house?

During a 3 hour cycle ride at 30k/h I get passed by more than a thousand cars/ taxis/ trucks buses. The ones that pass too close or in general drive like C*nts is one or two. Thats less than 1%.

have a look at cyclists and tell me what % drives like c@nts?

Motorists see brightly clad cyclists as a nuisance and dont know any better.

ALL cyclists drive cars and therefor should now better.

C*nts = C"e"nts?

Saturday at Suikerbos we did 115km's... Only got passed by about 4 cars... but one of em passed us at about 167.65kph... So for every 4 cars you get one  C"e"nt that's quite a lot of c"e"nt's in peak hour traffic.

C*nts = C"e"nts?

Saturday at Suikerbos we did 115km's... Only got passed by about 4 cars... but one of em passed us at about 167.65kph... So for every 4 cars you get one  C"e"nt that's quite a lot of c"e"nt's in peak hour traffic.

C'mon Jason, in Afrikaans please !!!

C*nts = C"e"nts?

C'mon Jason' date=' in Afrikaans please !!!

[/quote']

smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

C*nts = C"e"nts?

probably a cyclist who was late for his group ride LOL,

was there a Colngo on the back of the car?

I am happy to say that I had a good experience with a cyclist on the road this morning on my way to work.

This guys was riding a really old bike and you could see the kit and everything wasn't top or close to top off the range, but he was coming into Sandton drive off William Nicholl (from Hyde park side) and needed to move over 3 lanes of traffic to get into the left. He signaled properly and I slowed down to let him in front of me, to my left was a taxi and I was thinking 'Oh crap buddy!!!!' BUT NO!!!!!! The taxi slowed down and let the guy in (because he signaled politely and didn't push in), he then gestured (spelling??) and yelled thank you to both of us!!!

Nice guy and if I see him again, I'll make a point to let him in through the sandton traffic.

Thanks Babe!!! Found a loop-hole in the system.

Until I get caught, can't stay on for long though, just checking in every now and again!

I am happy to say that I had a good experience with a cyclist on the road this morning on my way to work.

This guys was riding a really old bike and you could see the kit and everything wasn't top or close to top off the range' date=' but he was coming into Sandton drive off William Nicholl (from Hyde park side) and needed to move over 3 lanes of traffic to get into the left. He signaled properly and I slowed down to let him in front of me, to my left was a taxi and I was thinking 'Oh crap buddy!!!!' BUT NO!!!!!! The taxi slowed down and let the guy in (because he signaled politely and didn't push in), he then gestured (spelling??) and yelled thank you to both of us!!!

Nice guy and if I see him again, I'll make a point to let him in through the sandton traffic.

[/quote']

Now, what is so difficult in that. Why can't everyone do it.  I know I do becasue I am sh!t scared of getting hit.

C'mon Jason' date=' in Afrikaans please !!!

[/quote']

Moet asb nie die engelsman nog probeer aanraai om in afrikaans te post nie.   Hy maak my kop plat so vroeg in die oggend LOLLOL

but at least I got a decent plathand klap in. 

Goeie een Ewep! Ek is bly jy kon 'n PK inkry Clap